We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

Hobbs, NM
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

I'm looking for a wine store or a grocery store with a good wine selection between the airport and the strip. Any recommendations? Most interested in a big selection of reds.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,720 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,104 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk...
403 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,207 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

Go to Lee's Discount Liquors for the best selection, They are all over there is one south on LV BLvd close to South Point.

The closest grocery store is Vons on Trop/Maryland across from the dorms at UNLV.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

we've had x3 experiences with a 'pit stop' at liquor store en route from airport to hotel.

first time - heading to Mirage hotel - we were taken to a pretty pricey place close to Mirage - but we knew it would be cheaper than booze at hotel, we stocked up.

second time - heading to Mandalay hotel - our taxi stopped at liquor store across the street from Mandalay - decent prices, but a previous posted suggested a great place maybe a mile or two south of Mandalay from the strip.

third time - heading to Caesars - surprise - dropped of at the same place close to Mirage - prices were even higher than before - but grinned an bared it - and stocked up. Unfortunately - a litre of vodka got 'lost' either in the trunk of the cab, or during the bell-hop / delivering bags to the room / process.

Lesson learned - keep the bottles of the hard stuff on your person and carry it to your room yourself.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

I can't help with the question, but I did get a chuckle out of "'NEED' a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip." Hehe . . .

Hobbs, NM
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

Okay coffeemug...

If you MUST know, there are medical benefits associated with the consumption of red wine. And, the airlines won't let you bring anything on board containing more than 3 ounces of fluid.

Thus, we need someplace to fill our daily prescription to maintain a healthy lifestyle while visiting Sin City. :-)

England
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

medical?

was as in getting drunk lol

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

hehe . . . I have a prescription myself ;)

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
887 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

Though it is not on the strip, the Orleans has a great liquour store on premises with fantastic prices and quality stuff. I couldn't believe that their prices were so low.

8. Re: Need a wine or grocery store with wine section near strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 09:26