We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked 4 years early!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booked 4 years early!

My first trip to Vegas was last September to get married.

We were both hooked and promised we'd return in 5 years! Lots of other places in the world to see etc. etc.

Last weekend we where reminiscing about our time in Vegas, been browsing the old websites we checked before our first trip, looked at our photos, thought about the good times.

Then thought, lets see how much it would be this time. Just out of interest.

Ended up on Expedia so we could see all the hotels at one time.

"wow, that Planet Hollywood deal looks good," 30% off the room, plus flight from Blighty.

Checked our work holidays, 15 minutes later we were £1658 ($3200) lighter, but 100% more stress free.

Well 5 years soon came down to 11 months!

I now wonder if when we first visited, we somehow lost our souls on that Roulette table at the MGM!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked 4 years early!

LOL!! everyone gets hooked on Vegas. Hope you have another trip.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked 4 years early!

TA needs an edit button. Hope you have another wonderful trip.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked 4 years early!

Wow, it must be the heat and humidity here today. It took me 3x's reading this to get it. So, you are booked, and going back in 11 months instead of 5 years from when you were wed there last September, which you then played roulette at the MGM and lost your soul to the devil, whoops, I mean Vegas.

Whew, did I get this right??!! If so, good for you both, and have another great trip!

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked 4 years early!

"I now wonder if when we first visited, we somehow lost our souls on that Roulette table..."

Yes you did, with the consequence that you are now 'doomed' to visit Vegas at least once a year for the rest of your life. There is no redemption.:-)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,314 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked 4 years early!

It's not a bad place to visit and Planet Hollywood is mighty fine in my humble opinion

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked 4 years early!

LOL . . . it took me 18 months after my first trip to get the "itch" again.

I remember sitting at the airport, waiting for our flight home from that first trip, thinking . . . "We've had a fabulous time . . . but I really don't need to come back here."

HA!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked 4 years early!

We got married 12th September 2007 and got back to the UK on the 26th, like you we were talking about coming back in a few years time. Then at the beginning of October I noticed that United had an economy plus program for $350 per year within 48 hours i had signed up and booked two flights for Christmas as we were short on holiday. The next week the Wynn was booked, since then I went back with the boys in Februray.

We are booked for Xmas again this year but before then we are off to EuroDisney, Italy and Bruges just need to try not to slip and extra Vegas trip in around OCtober ;)

essex
Level Contributor
719 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked 4 years early!

Vegas has this affect on people. We wanted a villa in lanzarote and ended up booking vegas cause we just couldnt resist!lol!!

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked 4 years early!

Welcome to the club! Vegas has a way of doing that to you-luring you back again and again! Have another great trip!

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked 4 years early!

sage

Took me a while to get it too I thought they were saying they booked a trip for 4 years time, and I'm in cloudy and drab UK so I haven't got that excuse!!!

Web3000

We got married Sept 06 and said we'd come back in 5 years ~ well after 9 months of me driving my husband mad we booked for this July ~ our trip will be 1 year 9 months after wedding so we lasted a little longer than you ~ slthough been planning this since last June ~ only 3 weeks and 3 days to go!!!

Hope you have a fab time :)