We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

I'll actually be staying at the Signature, but I thought at least one day it'd be fun to spend the day at the nicer MGM pool, however I'll just stick with the Signature pool if finding a seat is impossible. I certainly don't want to play the "reserve a seat at 7 a.m." game, either.

Also, are any areas shaded at the MGM pool?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,549 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

There is a little shade here and there.

MGM is the best pool that usually has enough loungers.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

We've never had an issue getting seats . . . but then . . . we go in April. Heat of the summer might very well be different.

Natchitoches
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

We were there last August and spent one day at the lazy river - lots of kids, very crowded, and 'messy' (food wrappers, towels, everything everywhere, it seemed). The next day we went to another one of their pools and it was much better!! I believe they have 5 or so pools, so you should be able to find one to your liking.

Mrs. G

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

i usually get out there by 9 or 10 am and don't have too much trouble. but then again this was in june and july when only crazy people like me go to the desert in the summer for vegas!

:) if you are there over a weekday, i would say maybe do the mgm big pool on the friday and the sig pools on sat/sun? less crowded on weekdays

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

MGM pool was only half full last week. Very easy to get chairs any time of day.

Texas
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

My husband and I stayed at The Sig last July and we actually enjoyed the peace and quiet at the Sig pool. The service there was fabulous. They set up your chairs and umbrellas for you and come around with complimentary bottled waters, cold towels, and samples of frozen drinks quite often.

northern california
Level Contributor
637 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

Thanks snidely. Going 6/17-6/20 and staying at Signature but hope to spend some time at the MGM pools as well.

Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

Sounds perfect, thanks everyone!

Ahhh...I can't wait for this trip to get here...

9. Re: Getting a seat at MGM pool...is it difficult?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 14:17