We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The $20 Trick at The Signature...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brierley hill west...
Level Contributor
351 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
The $20 Trick at The Signature...

Arrived there on the 26th may (memorial day),at the gate reception i was informed i was in tower two.

i felt a bit apprehensive and foolish as i approached the desk to check in but thought what the heck lets try.

I put the $20 bill infront of my check in voucher so the desk clerk (mark bless him) could clearly see it and asked if i could have a nice room as high up as possible with a good view.

The result was a room on the upper penthouse level on the 38th floor.

I may or may not have got the view by just asking but personally i think it was money well spent.(it impressed the hell out of my friends who came over from their Luxor Tower Room)

brian

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The $20 Trick at The Signature...

Hi

I've stopped at the Sig twice and each time they have accomodated requests made without the any extra cost. I was there in May and requested Strip view and balcony and funnily enough got Tower Two 38th floor Upper Penthouse. This was great other than when it was unseasonably windy as it caused a loud whistling in the room! as long as you make the request in advance I think that they will try and accomodate you.

Thanks

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The $20 Trick at The Signature...

The $20 trick is the opposite of being Spitzer'ed.

But I bet she's not much to look at

Warrington
Level Contributor
160 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The $20 Trick at The Signature...

Has anyone ever tried this at the 4 seasons? I'm staying there this year but am wondering if it would work at this place. No-one on fat wallet has posted anything about it.

Cheers

Chris

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The $20 Trick at The Signature...

Chris, I would imagine the reason that there's no posts on Fatwallet is due to a combination of reasons.

FS attracts a radically different clientele to other Vegas hotels and its guests generally aren't searching out deals. If they want that better room or suite they'll generally reserve and pay for it. Chances are a lot aren't even aware of sites such as Fatwallet. Also bear in mind that the hotel only has just over 400 rooms and suites so the chances of something being available to be upgraded into are that much less than at a property ten times the size.

I'll be staying at the FS for the first time in July. I shan't be attempting the "trick"..... :-)

Warrington
Level Contributor
160 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The $20 Trick at The Signature...

Thanks Blagger. If you remember, I'd be very interested to know how you get on with it.

Cheers

Chris

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The $20 Trick at The Signature...

Chris, to repeat what I said in my previous post, I shan't be attempting the $20 trick!

I've never attempted it and never will. If I want that better room for whatever reason I'll book and pay for it. On other occasions if the mood takes me I'll just ask nicely if anything's available. I've had a few great free (other than a tip) upgrades this way.

Warrington
Level Contributor
160 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The $20 Trick at The Signature...

Sorry, I misread your post. I'll have to be the first cheapskate to attempt it then.

Cheers

Chris

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The $20 Trick at The Signature...

I agree with blagger. I usually just ask if an upgrade is available. When we travel (we are avid snorkelers), I ask and pay for the room I want in advance. In Las vegas, I really could care less about the view or really, the room. I am only there for a short time (3-4 days max) and want to spend my money doing really fun things. I don't go for the spa or the pool or the single scene. I like fine restaurants and nice gambling with good security. I hate dealing with falling down drunks anywhere.I certainly am not a true "high roller', but I have never had a bad time in VEGAS!!!

Having said all that, I was really intimidated by Bally's reception people who I felt tried to 'bully" me into paying for an upgrade.I am sorry to say that I did do it, but never again!!! I do learn the hard way! LOL!!!

9. Re: The $20 Trick at The Signature...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 15:15