We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV'ing and mountain biking

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Topic
ATV'ing and mountain biking

I am looking for info on ATV'ing in Valley of Fire and Mounting Biking in/on Mt. Charleston. Everything that I have been able to find involved a tour where they pick you up from the Strip. I will have a car and would prefer to drive myself to the place where the activity would start. Does anyone know of a place that will let you do that?

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV'ing and mountain biking

Anyone?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
618 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV'ing and mountain biking

I usually do research to find trails and then go out on my own, so I can't really help you with this except to suggest contacting McGhies... one of the bigger mtn bike shop and tour outfits in Las Vegas. Hopefully, they will be able to help you with info...

http://bikeoutpost.com/

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV'ing and mountain biking

Ripgirl,

This place sounds perfect. Thanks!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV'ing and mountain biking

I know the ATV tour we did in the Valley of Fire was on private land, so I doubt they would entertain the prospect of you meeting up with them at the site.

To be honest it was nice not to drive. The pick up was great, air con minibus, and nice to chat with other Vegas tourists about wins and losses etc. It was only an hour to the site, and then afterwards we did a stop at the VofF State Park Visitor Center and then did the driving route through the park.

Was back at the strip for early afternoon. Great day had by all.

Sorry I can't help further.

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ATV'ing and mountain biking

ju123 - what was the name of the company you used?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATV'ing and mountain biking

I believe it was booked through this website.

www.rockytrails.com/las_vegas_atv_tours.html

The guides were great, two ladies who really enjoyed meeting folk from all over the world and were very friendly the whole time.

The best thing was there was a hill which was pretty steep, you needed to be on full power to get up and if you hesitated at any point you got stuck. Both the leader, my Wife and I made it up, but everybody else failed. This led to us being able to another go at it as we had to go back round to find out what happened to the rest of the group.

It wasn't quite like Quad Biking in the dunes in Namibia, but it was a close second. Well worth doing, and didn't really interfere too much on any other daytime plans as we were back on the strip just after lunchtime.

7. Re: ATV'ing and mountain biking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 21:17