We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

I just read that the Excalibur Hotel is only a mile from the Airport. Is it possible to walk from the Airport to the Hotel as we have no luggage, just back packs. Is it an easy walk or not recommended since I've read that Las Vegas is not pedestrian friendly.

Please advise.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

You can see Mandalay Bay as you land... but I wouldn't even walk there. I agree that you should take transportation. In fact, since there is more than one in your party, a cab will be cheaper per person than a shuttle.

Just remind the cab driver: "No tunnel!" ;)

Middletown, New York
Level Contributor
529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

I wouldn't try it in the summer because of the heat. The neighborhood isn't bad between the airport and Excalibur, but I would definitely mapquest the distance first because one mile seems very short to me. There is regular city bus service up and down Tropicana Ave. that is less expensive than the airport shuttle. You could probably catch a local bus at the airport, too, that takes you down Tropicana, but I'm just guessing at that. Check their website.

Middletown, New York
Level Contributor
529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

My curiosity got the better of me. It's a three-mile walk, unless you take a shortcut across the runways and even that won't save you much distance. Don't do it. Spring for a cab and specify "via Swenson and Tropicana."

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,364 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

The Excaliber may be within a mile of an airport runway, but it looks more like 3 or 4 miles from the airport terminal to the Excaliber and I am not sure it is even possible to walk on some of the streets by the airport.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,711 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

They look so nearby, it seems walking distance.

But take a cab.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

Not in the heat of Las Vegas is it advisable to walk especially if you will not know exactly which roads could possibly get you to your destination. Even after numerous trips there can we visualize how to maneuver out of the airport to anywhere safely on foot. And you will need to keep hydrated in the Las Vegas desert and will not know if there is a place in your path to purchase water. Even when you see a hotel that seems close, it is just a mirage in the desert. The Stratosphere looks like a few blocks away from everywhere. You will understand when you get here. Take a cab and do not take the tunnel. Have a great trip.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,081 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

Were you thinking of doing this in the summer? If so, what is the hottest place you have ever been to? It gets a bit warm in Vegas compared to Nova Scotia.

nyc
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

i once walked from Mirage to Airport, still kind of f--ked up, from everything that was in my system, it was long, i tried hailing taxis or limos half way on my journey, but it isnt nyc and its illegal to pick someone up on the streets,

Great story though!!!!!!!!!!!!

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

Maybe as the crow flys! It is a mile out of the airport entrance! If you can get past the arriving and departing aircraft and the 10 foot razor wire fences, thence past the lesser kept up rentals, thence you almost made it to Hooters to get a drink and you have to stop because now you have a quarter mile to go!

No, the the lights change quick and there are so many people crossing without the lights, the drivers are ready to run over any "free game" if you do not have the right-of-way.

You say "We". Share a cab.

Level Contributor
1,929 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Vegas Airport - walk to Excalibur Hotel

It's not realistic to attempt to walk in or out of any large international airport.

There are no sidewalks, no pedestrian entrances/exits. Large airports are not set up for pedestrian access, which means it's a very dangerous thing to try.

Don't do it. Lots of better choices.

And the Strip itself is VERY pedestrian-friendly, with lots of overpasses. The airport, not so much.