We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need some ideas

cary, nc
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
need some ideas

We are staying at Caesars in Dec with our visually impaired 80ish mother. Should we rent a car and what shows besides Celine might be of interest to someone with limited vision? Thanks for any ideas, carl

SAN ANTONIO,TX
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: need some ideas

MOM will have to sit very close to enjoy the show. They have some seats up front or on the sides for disabilities. You should check ahead of time for best seats and location.

Rent a car is good idea. leave at valet service for front door pick up.

I assume she is mobile and can walk.

a trip up the effiel tower at night to see the lights would be nice.

Another show she may like is "Jubilee" at Bally's. lots of color.

cary, nc
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need some ideas

Thanks Jackpot99. She is mobile but I wondered about the chilly nights and long distance between places.

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need some ideas

If you're worried about the distances between places you can rent one of those motorized scooters for her.

My friends and I actually rented them in Atlantic City one time (we are not elderly-we just did it for fun) and they were only $44/day. They were also really fun. It would probably be a happier trip for all of you if she didn't have to worry about walking/being tired.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: need some ideas

I agree that you should look into getting a motorized scooter/wheelchair.

Even if you do rent a car, you are still going to have to walk through Ceasars to get to your room, the show, restaurants, the pool ... whatever. Just getting to your room can be a significant walk.

The problem with cars is that traffic on the strip is often really bad.

"Momma Mia" would be a good show for someone who is visually impaired. There is lots of music and she will be able to enjoy the show even if she can't see it.

"Phantom of the Opera" is comming to the Venetian soon ... so that might be another option.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: need some ideas

If she likes Oldies but Goodies from the 50s and 60s you can try Forever Plaid at the Goldcoast.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
693 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need some ideas

She might enjoy the Legends show at IP since many of the "performers" are people she would recognize the stylings of.

I took my Mom who had limited eye sight to Vegas when she was in her early 80's. We walked every where. The people were great to her except at cross walks. There, even with her white cane, people were pushing and bumping her.

San Leandro...
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need some ideas

hi diannezzz,

We went to Caesars and my husband rented a motorized scooter at Caesar's and it saved our vacation. It's is really crowded and my husband had a hip replacement and he found it hard to get around so we rented a scooter and Thank God. You can also take it out of Caesar's if you need to which was really helpful too. Have a great time.

zbethg

cary, nc
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: need some ideas

Thanks for all the suggestions!