We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club question for the locals...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida City...
Level Contributor
298 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Club question for the locals...

I am moving to Vegas Aug 8th. The next day, my girlfriend is flying in from England for 1 week. Can you give me suggestions on which clubs to hit on which nights? Do many of the places have a "locals" night? Would I need a NV drivers license or would my military ID work?

Thanks!!

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Club question for the locals...

why limit your question to locals? non-locals may, in fact, know the answer.

I'd suggest a new post with the title as specific to your Q as possible - you don;t care if the poster is a local or not, as long as the info is current, correct? Some "in the know" may skip this since they are not locals, as you requested.

When in town buy a LVRJ and also check out www.lasvegasadvisor.com

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Club question for the locals...

www.jackcolton.com

It will show you everyday and which clubs are the most happening on each day of the week.

Florida City...
Level Contributor
298 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club question for the locals...

Just thought the "locals" may know more about "locals" nights at the clubs. Plus, people "know people" and it's never too early to start making my connections! Still need to know about the ID part too please. Thanks!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club question for the locals...

I think I speak for a lot of locals in saying that there are just so many clubs and so many promotions that change all the time that they're nearly impossible to keep track of.

Also, a lot of the folks I know who live here avoid the clubs or only go on occasion because even if the cover charge is knocked down for being a local, the drink prices aren't... be warned.

A lot of the clubs I've seen have a "locals discount" for women, but not always for men... and yes, you would need a local ID.

That said, to be sure before you go, I'd recommend picking up a copy of the Las Vegas Weekly once you arrive. It's a free publication that you can find at just about any gas station, gym, or newstand. They have a very detailed section of which clubs are open which nights, what the cover charges are, what the promotions/themes are, what kind of music they are playing that night, etc.

Good luck and try not to burn yourself out on the "club experience" the first week you get here!

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
219 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club question for the locals...

Hi,

If you search in the forums for 'monday night clubs', a post I put up, someone responded with a list of the clubs on which nights to go.

I've decided on Jet for Monday night -

Good luck with your move,

Patuli

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
6,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club question for the locals...

After about 6 weeks when the "honeymoon" phase wears off of "living in Vegas" you should be very mindful of what you see going on around you. Just become aware.

Las Vegas is a highly unique place to live.

Good Luck.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club question for the locals...

Mondays- Cathouse

Tuesdays- Pure (Beware, it will be CROWDED so get there early). My personal favourite for Tuesday is Moon.

Wednesday- LAX.

Thursday- Tryst.

You'll want to have a local Nevada ID and try to make friends with hosts so you can get on the guestlists.

Florida City...
Level Contributor
298 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club question for the locals...

Thanks guys! Those suggestions are very helpful. We have booked a room on the strip so we can walk everywhere, until our feet start hurting and we have to cab it!! I'll only be living there for a short time so I have to make the most of it.

9. Re: Club question for the locals...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 21:19