We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to the Boards Here!!

PA
3 posts
Save Topic
New to the Boards Here!!

I just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to the boards here. My fiance and I are making our first trip to Las Vegas to get married on August 8, 2008. We will be renting a car (could be a good or bad thing) since we have several different trips to make (picking up the dress, the tuxes, the cake, etc.) If anyone has any good general tips for us that would be great.

Tracy

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

08-08-08 :)

My brother got married last year on 07-07-07

Congrats on getting married, you will learn an amazing amount of information on this board.

We started on here a month before our honeymoon and learned an incredible amount before we went.

Welcome to the board :)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
562 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

Welcome & big congrats! Where in Pa are you?

Dh & I were married in Vegas in 11/2001, we went back for our 5th anniversary & we're going back again in the end of August.

You'll be glad you rented a car, you'll save lots of $$ by not taking cabs & probably a lot of time by not waiting for buses.

Give some more details (where are you getting married, how many others will be there, etc?) & people here will give you lots of ideas.

Or, if you have lots of free time, just spend a few hours reading through all these posts, lol!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

Congratulations! My advice is to print out the wedding application from the Clark County website and have it all filled out. Bring $ 55 exact cash and change for the parking meter with you. Good idea to print a map ahead of time for all the places you need to go and bring them with. Renting a car is a great idea for all the running around you have to do.

Best wishes for a wonderful trip and beautiful wedding!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

Congratulations! Slotto

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

Welcome. I'll be in Vegas during that same time...good time to go if you don't mind the heat. Where are you staying and for how long? Hard to give tips without that information. In general I always advise people to bring comfortable shoes no matter how often you wear heels and think you can wear them you will be in pain. The Spas are a great way to detox in the middle of the trip. Don't get caught up in trying to see ever little "tourist" attraction (like the Sirens at TI, the moving statues at Caesars, etc) because many just aren't worth the time but don't miss the Bellagio Fountains.

Thermopolis, Wyoming
Level Contributor
455 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

First, Congrats!! A Vegas wedding will be wonderful, I'm sure. So many places to have it that will fit your personalities and make it very special.

The only advice I can give you about renting a car in Vegas is get the GPS that you can rent along with it. About $13 per day. Or if you have your own, pack it and bring it along. It will make finding all the places you have to go so much easier!

Waynesboro, Virginia
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

Here is the link to the above mentioned license info and the form.

accessclarkcounty.com/depts/clerk/pages/marr…

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

Congratulations!

It is a GOOD thing you will be renting a car. The major hotels have free parking. Also, LV is easy to navigate. You'll save $$$ instead of taking cabs, etc.

How long will you be in Vegas?

What kind of "general tips" do you need? Places to visit off the strip? Shows? Restaurants?

PA
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

We are staying at Signature MGM arriving on Tuesday and staying for a week. We have a rental car reserved. (I think we got a good deal through Alamo, 152.00 for the week for a SUV). There are about 8 people coming for the wedding. We are getting married at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. We ordered the ACG and so far we have tickets for one show. We are from a little town of Huntingdon, PA.

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New to the Boards Here!!

Welcome and best wishes for your wedding.

My husband and I married in Vegas two years ago and are heading back in a week to celebrate. One great thing about getting married in Vegas is there's always an excuse to go back (as if one is needed).

I think someone posted the link regarding marriage licensing or you can Google for additional information. You must obtain a license downtown prior to the ceremony and bring with you to the chapel. If you need a hair/makeup recommendation I used a great service (would have to look up contact info) - came right to the hotel and did a beautiful job. I can also recommend a photographer - we stayed at TheHotel but had our pics taken in and around Mandalay Bay because of it's lush/tropical surroundings.

Not sure if you've settled on a special dinner to follow - we ate at the Alex (Wynn) and it was the perfect end to a perfect day.

There are lots of kind people here to offer great advice so take advantage of the collective knowledge ...