We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoover Dam to Pahrump

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beebe, Arkansas
Level Contributor
72 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hoover Dam to Pahrump

We are traveling from Sedona and staying at Pahrump in route to Death Valley and on to Sequoia. What is the best route to Pahrump from Hoover Dam and how long will it take to drive this route on a Friday afternoon?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoover Dam to Pahrump

Boy, Hoover Dam and Las Vegas on a Friday!!! I would probably stop and stay somewhere near Boulder City for the night Friday, then dash around Vegas early Saturday into Pahrump. Off the top of my head you can probably scoot around Rt 215 to I15 South and onto Blue Diamond Hwy out to Pahrump- look at a map as I think it's fairly simple. But honestly that area on a Friday afternoon is horrendous- we've been stuck crawling across the dam and then crawling around Vegas even on some weekdays. Never again!

BTW, if you've never been to Sedona before you will love it! We went last year and were so impressed with the area- just beautiful! Death Valley is also great, and beautiful in its' own way. We were there this past April. Sounds like a great vacation. Lots of pictures!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,865 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoover Dam to Pahrump

The route mentioned in the post above is how you will go. With no traffic expect about an hour and a half from the dam. Traffic on 215 is not horrible especially heading into Vegas in the afternoon you'll probably hit a little bit of slow down as you approach 15 South.

3. Re: Hoover Dam to Pahrump

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 02:16