We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with best pools etc..

England
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
425 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with best pools etc..

we are thinking of switching hotels halfway through our trip (staying at the stratosphere) and want to stay somewhere with a good pool scene, lazy river, slides, or something similar.

We we're thinking of the Mandalay Bay but not sure if its worth it as its so far up the strip and also checked out the reviews and they arent that great.

thanks for any help :]

Northville., MI
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

Bills is rated higher in the reviews than Bellagio..does that tell you enough about whether they are meaningful?

Best river and overall fun and relaxing combo, MGM.

Classy and sedate pool, Bellagio

Great pools but overwhelmed by crowding, Mandalay and Flamingo. Mirage is also nice and pretty, did not seem as badly crowded to me.

Northville., MI
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

Check pricing at Excalibur as an alternative to Strat in a low cost hotel. Much, much better location.

Leeds,United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

Hi,just got back last week,stayed at the Signature

with access to all MGM pools.Great hotel and pools.

Didn`t see any slides but it as a waterfall and a lazy river.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,848 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

But if their sole purpose in switching hotels is to get a great pool with a lazy river, I'm not sure how Excal fits the bill. MGM usually has pretty good rates. You might want to see how the price compares to the Strat for your whole trip - you may want to stay the whole time at MGM.

While Mandalay Bay is at the far south end of the Strip (considered DOWN, not up), it is in a far better location than the Strat which is at the far north end with nothing else around it.

California
Level Contributor
277 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

If location is important Excal/MGM/Mandalay Bay all located in the same basic corner and accessable to each other by internal and external paths is a much better location than the Stratosphere!

Switch now! Unless you got the rooms for an amazing price!

Mishawaka, IN
Level Contributor
175 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

Another vote for MGM and the Lazy river.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

The Wynn is awesome as well. The Euro pool is great with gambling available as well.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,511 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

The reviews arent that great on Mandalay...

I hope you didn't read them on TA, most of the reviews are a JOKE.

As one poster said they have Bills rated better then Bellagio, LOL

Bills is a crap hole

Bellagio is a Premier

Northville., MI
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

Obviously I meant, split between Excal and MGM, not Strat and Excal

Bismarck, North...
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels with best pools etc..

I will in fact cast my vote for MGM, however the Flamingo is center strip and has an awesome pool scene. It does not have a lazy river but does have great landscaping and does have some slides. If you do go there, get a GO room, because they're awesome. Bellagio is a good choice as well (center strip) but Mandalay Bay is overrated. So Flamingo, MGM, and Bellagio are my picks.