We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stratosphere Hotel Tower

Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stratosphere Hotel Tower

The wife wants to know if it is worth visiting the Stratosphere Hotel Tower for a look see?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,590 Reviews
from US$399.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,065 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
391 Reviews
from US$499.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam Helicopter...
578 Reviews
from US$369.99*
loveland, co
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stratosphere Hotel Tower

I vote Yes. The view is spectacular. If you have lunch (cheaper than Dinner) you also get to see the tower without paying extra. There are thrill rides at the top outside, if you are brave. There is an inside and outside observation deck. There are also plaques on the walls that tell the history of vegas.

Level Contributor
395 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stratosphere Hotel Tower

I've been there and think there are a lot nicer hotels to look at than that one. Now, if you really need to see a view of the city, then that's the place to go. Don't visit it at night. That area is a little seedy.

Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Stratosphere Hotel Tower

thank you

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stratosphere Hotel Tower

I am assuming you mean going up the tower in which case its a Vegas must do its fanatastic but dont stay there its too far down the Strip

Level Contributor
24,613 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stratosphere Hotel Tower

For a drink at sunset at the Top of the tower is a must do. You can also have dinner up there, the top rotates 360 degrees.

The hotel is not anything special except their are a few shops in there if you like to browse.

Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stratosphere Hotel Tower

Its a must do,

get the monorail upto the Sahara and its across the other side of the road. Head directly for the base of the tower.

It cost $14 to go up and there are secuiry checks and a small line to deal with (only because they have a max limit up top) .

Three ride up top if you feeling brave (you can get entry plus ride package deals), its open Sun-Thur 10am-1am, Fri-Sat 10am-2am

Check out http://www.stratospherehotel.com/thrills/ for prices

I personally went on the night and you cant get a better view (even from a helicopter)- and its not that seedy its just quieter and older area than the south strip

also it you have a meal in the Top of the Tower restaurant - you get free entry to the top after your meal and get to use the super fast elevator

Level Contributor
442 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stratosphere Hotel Tower

I enjoyed the facts from the friendly elevator attendant while going up. We did it during the day, since we stayed and it was free. I'm sure at night it is obviously better, but during the day you can see what seems like forever into the desert. It's definately a must do. Like mentioned before if you have a monorail pass to the Sahara that would be the cheapest way to get there. Even if you do it at night you'll be fine, just walk with the other crowds of people and you shouldn't be bothered by the "shady people"..hehe

8. Re: Stratosphere Hotel Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 10:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now