We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

Northern California
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

Hi all,

Let me preface this with saying I don't go to the spa - I do lift weights and stuff at the gym but don't like the whole massage/hair/nails thing - it is completely foreign to me.

But we're visiting Vegas midweek in September and travelling with our 22 year old au pair and her 21 year old sister - from Poland - and they want to try a "spa day."

Is there anywhere they can go for some treatment and then spend a few hours in whatever there is and feel like they've had a spa day? For less than $100 maybe?

We're staying at the Trump - booked it on priceline - a little disappointed with the location we ended up with but we can spend the cash we saved on taxis.

Thanks for your help

Amy

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

Two weeks ago the Hilton started a Tuesday special for women. It offers 1/2 price on services.

Check the www.lvhilton.com website for details. I think you find it under the promo sections.

West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

Amy,

I would check out the Luxor and MGM Grand. Herd they both have great deals. Here are their links.

Luxor - …atdmt.com/MGM/…

MGM Grand - …atdmt.com/MGM/…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
559 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

The best $45 I spent was getting a day pass at Qua at Caesar's. They have an amazing facility and I think it is definitely worth it even if you don't get a treatment.

Centennial
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

Who offers a free spa pass in their fun book?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

EE<3Vegas

what did you like about Qua?

I have a spa I like here at the Hyatt Stillwater, can't be bothered going anywhere else, except the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel which is an hour an a half away from home, but, stunning.

I sometime think how much I like to sit in the hot tub, steam room, have lunch, spend time in the quiet room etc when I get a facial and that I should just go spend an hour or two there, but, haven't gotten around to it.

What does Qua have in it that you can do with your daypass?

Steam Room?

Whirlpool?

Showers?

Quiet room?

etc... fill me in :)

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
7,390 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

Good tip shrinkgirl.

I have been to the LV Hilton spa before and it is OK. It is not nearly as up-scale as Bellagio, Ceasars Palace, ect. but it is sufficient for a half-off treatment.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

www.harrahs.com/qua/our-spa-overview.html

San Diego...
Level Contributor
559 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

Bham Bound posted the link but I thought I would share my own personal experience from the times I have gone.

Keep in mind that I got a treatment the first time I went and the second time, I skipped the treatment and just enjoyed the facilities.

If you are interested in working out, the daypass does include use of the gym - which is pretty nice. Its very open lots of cardio equipment and your basic free weights and weight machines. And you look out the window and you have a view of the Rio which I thought was pretty cool. I've been to the gym at MGM and this one was way nicer - MGM was too cramped.

After a workout, the ice room in the spa feels great to cool you down a bit. The snow really adds a calming effect. The ice room is also nice if you feel a little too warm from sitting in the sauna or steam room.

In addition to free water there is a variety of different juices in fridges and fresh fruit and iced tea. Or if you are in the mood for hot tea, there is a tea girl who will brew you a fresh cup of hot tea. They have a big list of teas with all sorts of benefits.

If you like hot tubs, you are definitely in for a treat. Qua has a very large room with 3 baths. One is super hot (not for me), one is pretty cold and the biggest one is warm. There is also a large waterfall you can stand under in each of the baths.

There are loungers in this room and warmed tile loungers (my favorite). Because of the waterfalls, this room is a little loud so the other patrons cannot disturb you unless they are being ridiculously loud. And if you want a more private hot tub, there is another less used one in the back of the spa.

Steam room and Sauna are large. The showers are great with shower jets spraying you from all sides. They have nice four blade shavers and nice ionic blowdryers.

The only thing that I was disappointed in was the 'quietroom' which is the room where everyone waits for their treatments. Both times I have gone, there is a TV on in there which I HATE. I prefer to spend my time in silence so I can nap. In my last visit I napped on a warmed tile lounger instead.

You should definitely try it. I think its a great starter for anyone who has never been to a spa but would like to go and don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a treatment.

The only problem for me is that Qua has ruined me because no other spas seem to live up to it :)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,888 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

My wife loves the Mandara Spa @ PH. I found some excellent stuff on EBAY for discount Spa days. Also, the last time in Vegas in March, I think I remember seeing discount spa stuff at the tix4tonite booth.

Staying at Trump eh? Inexpensive? Wow, how much if u don't mind me asking? Have a good trip?

nevada
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cheap day at the spa, anywhere??

Buyer Beware.