We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power Pass

Columbus, GA
Level Contributor
18 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Power Pass

My family have just arrived in Las Vegas and decided to purchase a Power Pass that is recommended on Vegas.com as a way to save money if you are going to very many attractions that are attractive for families. Only after purchasing the passes were we told that several attractions were no longer acceppting the Power Pass as their contract had expired with Vegas.com. They gave us a couple of "new" attractions but these were not one's we really cared to see. We propbably haven't saved ourselves any money.

Be sure and get an up to date list of attractions before purchasing this pass.

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
895 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power Pass

We had this same problem. When we bought the passes for our June trip, it had loads of things on we wanted to do, and we would have easily made our money back. By the time the cards had arrived, lots of attractions had been taken off the list, and by the time we got to Vegas even more had stopped taking the card. PowerPass weren't interested, as they say 'attrations may be changed without notice' :-( When we bought it, it looked like great value, and we'd easily make our money back. When we came to use it, I think we struggled due to the lack of attractions by that time.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power Pass

had the same problem with the meal pass,sounds great on paper but was a false economy.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Power Pass

My wife and I were just talking about getting passes for our trip in August. I'm glad I saw this post first! Which attractions are no longer accepting the Power Pass?

Columbus, GA
Level Contributor
18 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Power Pass

Stratosphere attractions, Star Trek Adventure is closing after Labor Day, and a couple of others I don't remember. Which ones specifically did you want to know about? I'm in Vegas now and have the most up to date information.

First thing today, we went to Adventuredome only to find the Rim Runner and Pirates Sand were not working.

Oh well, still got my money's worth, but it just wasn't the bargain it seemed.

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
895 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Power Pass

Losing the Stratosphere from the Pass, and the Luxor attractions was what we were annoyed by. It would have been even worse if the Star Trek rides at the Hilton had gone as well :(

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Power Pass

Stratosphere would have been nice, but that wasn't listed on their site as of yesterday.

As to what is still listed, we're mostly interested in:

Eiffel Tower

Adventuredome

Galazy Neonopolis Movie Theater (Downtown)

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum

Pet Habitat @ Mirage

Roller Coaster @ NYNY

Gallery of Fine Art @ Bellagio

The Shuttle to the outlet mall would be good too, but I wouldn't cry if it wasn't available.

Also, is it true that the multi-day passes have to be used in consecutive days?

Thanks!!!

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
895 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Power Pass

Yes, if you buy a 5 day pass, you have 5 days to use it from the first day of use.

Columbus, GA
Level Contributor
18 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Power Pass

Stratosphere would have been nice, but that wasn't listed on their site as of yesterday.

As to what is still listed, we're mostly interested in:

Eiffel Tower

Adventuredome

Galazy Neonopolis Movie Theater (Downtown)

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum

Pet Habitat @ Mirage

Roller Coaster @ NYNY

Gallery of Fine Art @ Bellagio

The Shuttle to the outlet mall would be good too, but I wouldn't cry if it wasn't available.

Also, is it true that the multi-day passes have to be used in consecutive days?

Thanks!!!

All these places are still on the list at the moment. Yes, once you card is activated, you have the next 24, 36 hours, etc... to use it, whatever you paid for.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Power Pass

Thanks Eke Brown. Enjoy your trip!!!

10. Re: Power Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 21:18