We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chances of getting room requested saturday afternoon

bournemouth
Level Contributor
152 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
chances of getting room requested saturday afternoon

we arrive saturday 27th september and want a non smoking strip view room we wont get to the hotel till 2.30 pm will we be unlikely to get what we request as arriving on weekend we have booked to stay at the venetian

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chances of getting room requested saturday afternoon

There are no guarantees with any room requests but they will endeavour to do their best. Have you booked direct with the hotel or a package?

If you have booked direct, just give them a call and they will include it on the booking notes. No guarantees as I have said, but we turned up on a Saturday evening last September and got a strip view with our Spa Suite at the MGM.

If you have booked via a package it is upto the company you booked with to request this information. Some do, some don't. I've always requested a view or better room with Virgin Holidays and have never got it.

Best of luck.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: chances of getting room requested saturday afternoon

Saturdays are tough to call as fewer people are checking out than on any other day. Bear in mind that 2.30pm isn't late by Vegas standards so that works in your favor. People check-in to hotels all through the evening and past midnight. In fact there's a chance that your room may not even be ready at that time!

As has been said, call the Venetian (if you've not done so already) and make them aware of your preferences. Nothing can be guaranteed but you should be ok.

bournemouth
Level Contributor
152 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chances of getting room requested saturday afternoon

i booked via the website so i shall give them a call, still may cancel if an even better deal comes along!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,542 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chances of getting room requested saturday afternoon

As the blagger said, Saturdays are tough, traffic from California has been checking in since Friday.

Weekend under normal conditions are usually jam packed.

5. Re: chances of getting room requested saturday afternoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 14:15