We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM Room Renovations?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
MGM Room Renovations?

Hi Guys,

I know I read in a earlier post that room renovations have started on the High Floors at MGM.

Does anyone know how much they've completed yet.

I'm checking in Monday Night, and would love to get an updated room.

Thanks in Advance

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,590 Reviews
from US$399.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,065 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
391 Reviews
from US$499.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam Helicopter...
578 Reviews
from US$369.99*
Estero, FL
Level Contributor
605 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

I think you might have confused MGM Grand with the Mirage.

MGM Grand is not renovating thier rooms; the Mirage is.

Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

"I would love to get an updated room."

Updated how? The MGM rooms don't need updating, they are newer and nicer than most.

I swear any day now someone is going to post "I am staying at Wynn, how do I make sure to get a renovated room?"

St. Louis
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

Stratton, you are so funny. Before I stayed at MGM in the tower room, I read some reviews that said the rooms needed to be updated. When I got there, I was trying to figure out what needed to be updated. It's not the most exciting room, but it's nice as is.

Level Contributor
150 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

was told in july that mgm have started renovations on the top floors and working their way down.

Estero, FL
Level Contributor
605 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

I had not heard anything about MGM remodeling (which I imagine would be huge on TA) but lots about Mirage's so I searched online and did not find anything.

I ended up calling MGM Grand and asking and was told that they are not renovating thier rooms.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,821 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

I might have been the one to get the "lemon", but the Celebrity Spa Suite that I was assigned to last week really needed some work. I'm not one to ever complain or criticize a room-you get what you pay for- but this room was outright shabby. The carpet was very worn and the corners looked like a puppy had been tugging at it. There was a huge stain of what looked like icing that covered an area of about one square foot. There was a big gap where the concrete slabs united to form the ceiling and there was a nice chunk of concrete that had chipped off. The a/c did not cool the room.

To be perfectly honest, I felt like MGM had put this suite on speial because they knew of it's condition and figured a person wouldn't complain due to the low price at which it was offered. I wasn't about to stay in that room. But, I am only speaking of the room that was assigned to me, and not making a blanket statement about all Celebrity Spa Suites.

1,519 Miles from...
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

I seem to recall news of the MGM redoing some rooms, yes, but I don't know what the remodeling may consist of. I don't think it's as susbstantial a remodel as Mirage or the Excalibur, where they swapped the tube TVs for flatscreens. They did upgrade the bedding last year, including firing all the bedbugs who used to work there. There was some picketing for a while, but Orkin squashed all that.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

I was told on June 23rd by a baggage handler that I use often at MGM, that because the MGM expected to be slow for the most part of the rest of this year, they started the room remodel early. Last date was supposed to be November start.

Don't know exactly what this entails, or even if it's true. But this Baggage person is well known to the VP of operations for MGM, so I believe what he tells me (well, about this anyway, lol)

As I've reported a few times, on the 23rd of June, we were told the remodel was on the 28th floor and headed down.

It's the largest single hotel in Vegas, so who knows, time wise, how long it's going to take? I do know I've stayed in most types of rooms there, and never had a worn out room. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Won't really know exactly until someone comes back and says they've stayed in one of the newly remodeled MGM rooms....

Level Contributor
4,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

I like the MGM Grand Rooms and I don't feel they really need to be renovated.

The only thing I can think of that they might change is the TVs to Flat Screen TV's. Also, maybe change the all-in-one TV, dresser combo deal just to keep up with the other hotels.

Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MGM Room Renovations?

My Celebrity Spa Suite was a bit long in the tooth. Could definitely use a reno. CRT TV? Seems a bit archaic for a suite.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor