We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
567 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

My hubby has already decided he would not like any Cirque show. Don't know why, he just knows. I would like to see one and as much as he would rather not he will see one with me. I'm thinking LOve would be the best one for us to see as at least he will enjoy the music. Really he is not a oaf or anything.........just thinks he will bored. He won't take the fun out of it for me and will play along. I think he may end up being surprised that he likes it. Has anyone out there dragged to it and then been shocked that they enjoyed it?

BTW, we are also going to Phantom ( deal at the Venetian) and he is doing a good job of pretending to be excited about that.

Also are there any deals out there for Love between Sept 13-19?.

Thanks

Mags

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
562 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

I totally understand where you are coming from-my DH isn't into musicals or plays or anything like that, but we felt like we should give a Cirque show a chance. The 1st time we were in Vegas, we went to O & he really didn't enjoy it much at all.

That being said, this time he actually suggested we go to Love! We have heard so many good things about it & lots of people say even if you hate most musicals, etc, you will love Love!

From what I hear, the cheaper seats may actually be better than the more pricey ones, b/c stuff goes on all over the room.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
372 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

I was not a Beatles fan and I had not seen a Cirque show before...I went to see LOVE when it first opened. I have been back again, I have bought tickets for my parents and we are planning to see it again. It is spectacular. I am even a HUGE Beatles fan now. It won't bore him....

Phantom on the other hand. When we went people were getting up and leaving mid-show. We didn't want to be rude so we toughed it out. I've seen Phantom 3 other times in NYC and Toronto and the Vegas show is just different and something doesn't seem right about it. The theater is amazing as well as the actors and costumes...just something is missing.

Your husband will fall in LOVE with Cirque shows and I highly recommend LOVE. I don't think you can get bored in that show because there is so much going on.

Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
958 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

This is apparently the most "Uncirque" show there is.

We LOVE it !!Have been twice and are going again in Oct .It's fab !!!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

Love is my husbands my favorite show, we have seen it 2 times and he told me after the second time that we must see it again. He is a music lover though. As for Phantom, he said he liked it but never mentions it when we are talking about good shows. He preferred Mamma Mia and Spamalot. I am trying to convince him to see Jersey Boys, which I hear is more of a musical and man can enjoy.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

I'm not a huge Cirque fan at all. Think your husband might be bored at a Cirque show? I fell asleep at the last one. So I was a little skeptical when I went in to see Love in June.

Know what?

It was AWESOME!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
567 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

Thanks,

This is exactly the response I thought I would get. A little dissapointed at the Phantom comment. I too have seen it in Toronto and NYC, although this was probably 15 years ago (at least in Toronto). Hope I don't put him off by seeing Phantom first! Bottom line 90 minutes out of anybody's life (even when in Vegas) is not exactly a life sentence!

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
304 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

Did not want to go to Cirzue de so gay at ALL. Wife has been wanting to see a Cirque show so last Sept when in vegas I let her drag me along - I am a Beatles fan so how bad could it be. Well - it was AMAZING. Absolutely loved it. Would go again and when we are in Vegas this Sept may try a different Cirque show

Phantom - no thanks

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

If you love the Beatles then see Love, if not, see Mystere.

nc
Level Contributor
521 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

I expected to love Love and I did. I did not expect to like Mystere but I loked it better than Love.

I think all Vegas visitors should see at least one Cirque show.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Love.....any deals? Anybody surprised they liked it?

Mystere is a great show. Not hard to see it several times.