We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

# of cocktails

New Berlin...
Level Contributor
244 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
# of cocktails

How many drinks (alcoholic) do you consume on a usual vacation day in Vegas? A usual day there for me would be around 10 (mostly beer). I’m just wondering how close to/far off the norm I am.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: # of cocktails

When it comes to drinking in Vegas, I'm not sure if there is a norm! My husband probably drinks 8-10 beers in a 24 hr period of time.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: # of cocktails

No, you're looking for reassurance that you're not a borracho. I'm sure there are people on this forum who drink nonstop while in Vegas and there are some who don't touch alcohol at all. What the "norm" is depends on who you decide to include in your sample population - for example people younger than you might drink more and older folks might drink less.

If you have lingering doubts about the level of your alcohol consumption, talk to your doctor. If not, what anyone else does makes no difference.

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: # of cocktails

Well for me, it depends on when and who I am in Vegas with. If its just my DH and I well that could just be a few Coors Lights. However, I usually go in May to watch my brother and a few friends play in the BCA pool tournament and well we tend to get a little crazy. Sometimes we start at 8 or 9 in the morning and go all day swiggin' the beers. You never said how many you have?? So, lets hear it.

New Berlin...
Level Contributor
244 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: # of cocktails

Mighty, It is about 10 a day (I actually did say that). Thanks for the insight.

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: # of cocktails

10 a day! Sometimes I hit 10 before lunch!! ;-)

New york, New York
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: # of cocktails

...and if we're talking drinks at the slots, for example, (except bottled beer)... they tend to be small and not so strong as drinks you might order at a bar or club.

Chicago
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: # of cocktails

average one grey goose red bull an hour, how else can you stay awake day after day? so my answer is 24 per day.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: # of cocktails

I like to enjoy a Bloody Mary, mimosa, or a spiked coffee of some kind in the morning . . . maybe two or three if I'm gambling (those drinks are small). Then a sangria by the pool.

After a nap ;) and dinner, it totally depends on what we're doing for the evening . . . probably four or five . . . about one an hour . . . supplemented with water in between!

Beach Haven West...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: # of cocktails

I drink minumum of 20 to 25 beers a day. I start at about 12noon and drink til around 4am.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: # of cocktails

I never drink until after dinner, like to save my energy. I hit it hard once I start.