Okay, so, I could use some advice from some well seasoned individuals.
I had a room booked at NYNY for four nights in November for a MUCH NEEDED getaway with my DH. The rate we had was not bad, but I received an offer from MGM Grand online through my Players Card with no details...so, I call them today to get the details on the offer, and we could get all four nights for $320, including a weekend, which was notably better than what we had NYNY for. This is a good offer for us, being the VERY low rollers we are. While, as many of you know, it is there policy you cannot book one property until you cancel the other...so, I do cancel, and in the meantime, we are talking 15 minutes max - truly, and I call back to book the offer and low and behold, now there is a "restriction" on that Saturday night. Now instead of $89, it is $179. So, they tell me there is nothing they can do for me, and she even puts me on hold to check, I had the same girl and she remembered the conversation from 15 minutes prior, still no go. I am S O L.
Please, withhold any snotty comments, I am not in the mood, any advice for me other than to keep checking back? I would much rather spend that $90 at the table and "try my luck"....I have never stayed there, and that was enough of a gamble.