We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November 2008

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mid Florida, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
November 2008

Afternoon,

Going the first week of November.. How are the crowds?? Is that heavy convention time or will it be bearable??

Also, what can I expect as far as weather is concerned?? Can it be warm enough for swimming??

I have seen that the Average High Temp for November is about 67 degrees...

Thanks for any advise..

Miami
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November 2008

I am in the same boat as you ! I will be there 13th so I have alot of the same questions !

London, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November 2008

i'll be out there the 12th! my best friend is out there for 4 days before hand for a conference...i think theres about 20000 people expected- not sure if thats large or normal sized for Vegas!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November 2008

Hi tom, we going the first week in november and have asked forum members about and the advice i got was to check the long range forecast about 3 days before we go..There is a big convention starting on the 5th for 3 days,not too sure about any others. Where are you staying,we staying at Caesars Palace,just the basic room,but we wont spend much time in it and we got a very good rate on it..Also there is a Mini meet&greet on the 6th in the Monte Carlo if you are interested..Marlow

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November 2008

I'm out in November too and actually looked up this information this afternoon whilst daydreaming at my desk in work!

Here is a link to the conventions that are in Vegas in November -

cligroups.com/…

and here is a link to some of the shows that are on offer (obviously there is more than just this list but I may as well pass on the information I found) -

www.searchlasvegasshows.com/november2008.html

Have a great trip

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
191 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November 2008

should be perfect weather!

not too hot, but i dont think it will be "pool" weather. it just depends. if you are there during the week, it will not be too crowded. weekends are almost always crowded. anything is bearable if you are in VEGAS!!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November 2008

I've been there that last 2 Novembers and I'll be there again the first week of this November.

It's always been light jacket/sweater and jeans weather during the day. Gets a little cool at night, but not too bad.

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: November 2008

To the few posters who are going to be in Vegas early Nov, I also invite you (as marlowe did) to join us at Diablo's on Nov 6th for our M&G-it will be fun!

Nov 4th starts the SEMA show which is one of the larger conventions in Vegas

The weather is a bit unpredictable- last early Nov we were there and I wore short sleeves and capris during the day with long sleeves and slacks at night-sometimes a sweater. I also suggest checking the extended weather forecast before you leave.

Janice

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: November 2008

I was in Vegas at the beginning of November for about 7/8 years. I can tell you this: the temps can be all over the place. Some years I was able to swim and wear shorts, other years I was able to just sunbathe, while other years it was so cool/cloudy/windy that I could do neither and I wore a sweater during the day. There is now way to know how it will be like while you are there so you will just have check a weather site just before leaving. What it was like one year has nothing to do with what it is like any other year.

The average high- low 70s but the high can range from the 50s to the 80s. The average low- mid 40s but it can range from the 20s to the 50s.

No matter what- bring clothes that can be layered- tops with long/short sleeves, a sweater and a jacket. This way you will be prepared for any kind of weather. The forecast can change even while you are there. And do bring the bathing suit- you may hit some nice warm weather - just don't have your heart set on it.

Mid Florida, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: November 2008

Hi,

Will be staying at a TimeShare.. Polo Towers near the MGM. My DW and I plan on a couple of tours and a show or two. Plus all the things that make Vegas, Vegas.. Bellagio fountains, the Sirons of TI, the Freemonth street experience... Not sure which shows or tours yet, except she has her heart set on the Hoover Dam tour with a short plane ride to take along the grand canyon..

And of course we have to gamble a bit as well.. Or I will anyways...

If we don't book anything on that Tursday, I will make a point to head over to the MC for the M&G.

Thanks & regards!!

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: November 2008

my girlfriends and I will be there Nov. 7! staying at Harrahs....