We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Tea?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
High Tea?

Hi

Me and my best friend for a treat are coming to Vegas for a few days...and shes always wanted t do High Tea at Claridges (we're english obvioulsy!) on here i've found a few old posts about HIgh Tea at the Four Seasons...but they are all a few years old..does anyone know if this still happens and any info?

Thanks

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: High Tea?

the details are on the FS website

London, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Tea?

do you know if anywhere else that does it?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,887 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: High Tea?

There's an afternoon tea at Bellagio's Petrossian Bar:

bellagio.com/nightlife/petrossian-bar.aspx

London, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Tea?

do you have any idea of the prices of them?

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High Tea?

They are between $30 and $35 per person and include tea, tea sandwiches, scones, pastries, etc.

You need to make reservations a few days in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High Tea?

What you are referring to is 'Afternoon Tea' not 'High Tea.'

If it is only $30-$35 in the Petrossian Bar at Bellagio, that is a bargain. Afternoon Tea at the Lanesboroh and Ritz in London are over $70 US and Claridges pricing would be similar.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: High Tea?

Hey Gabby, nice to see you on here :)

what is the diff between high tea and afternoon tea?

our Fairmont hotels seem to all have tea, I'm certain I wouldn't have known to pay attention to if it was high tea or afternoon tea as I mistakenly thought they were one and the same.

I have recently been to the one in the Banff Springs in Alberta as well as the Empress in Victoria, B.C.

I've no idea if it was afternoon or high or how to tell the difference.

Seattle
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: High Tea?

Cooper1, I have the same question as you do. I have always been curious since I overheard someone from England say that High Tea was a misnomer.

Seattle
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: High Tea?

Just googled this...

"Tea, as a meal, takes two forms here. There is High Tea which is a fairly substantial refreshment and usually includes hot food such as pached eggs on spinach , or warm ham and cheese sadwiches. It's name derives from the way in which is normally taken at a high table. Afternoon Tea , or low tea as it sometimes refered is a light meal of sandwiches and cakes. This is usually eaten at a low table from the comfort of armchairs"

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,081 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: High Tea?

Based on the above explanation the tea at Verandah (Four Seasons) is an Afternoon Tea. I've enjoyed it a couple of times, and it is very serene as you would expect from Four Seasons, in a very nice setting.

Nothing like Tea at the Empress which is a much larger event.