We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

chicago
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Topic
Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

We were recently comped three nights at Paris so therefore with the monies allocated to the hotel charges, I thought it would be nice to treat the ladies to a suprise spa/massage treatment or whatever. The three ladies involved are Mom (70) Wife (40) Daughter (16). I have no idea what this entails but ideally looking for the something that all three would enjoy or individual packages. Budget is approximately 150 per person. I really want this to be a suprise be it that this is something they would NEVER expect and don't want to ask for their preferences. I own a couple Auto Repair facilities and we have been around grease and grime for a long time, therefore a little pampering for the women would be a nice touch (and give me time to gamble!!!). I have looked at the treatments at the Paris website but to be honest that is as foreign to me as a MAF sensor in automobiles might be to others.

Thanks Again!!

Mentioned in this post
Paris Las Vegas
Paris Las Vegas
27,038 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,129 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
916 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

i would suggest Qua Spa at Caesars. I haven't been myself yet, but have read many incredible reviews and the photos look amazing.

I love the spa and go often at home, i would suggest that you book something like a facial and a pedicure for each person. massages and body wraps make some people feel uncomfortable, but generally speaking, everyone appreciates the facial or pedicure.

check out their web site here - http://www.harrahs.com/qua-caesars-palace/

you can also call the spa and explain the situation to them... tell them how much you'd like to spend per person and ask for suggestions about which treatments are the most popular. and then they can book it for you.

the great part about this spa is that there are roman baths and other things to do there, so the ladies can lounge around for as long as they want, adding an extra element of relaxation and indulgence without adding to your cost.

Mentioned in this post
Caesars Palace
Caesars Palace
13,968 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
830 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

I second the Qua Spa idea - many different options for great treatments and the facilities are sure to wow. For your wife and daughter a swedish massage is pretty standard (they can instruct the therapist about pressure, particular areas they want worked on, etc). For your mom maybe one of the specialty baths?

Anyway - you sound like a great son/husband/dad so I am sure they will be thrilled that you even thought to do this as a surprise!

Have a good trip!

PS- Cubs or White Sox???

chicago
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

South sider (Bourbonnais, own a business right next door to ONU where the Bears Practice) but DIE HARD Cub fan, My daughter and I watch every game and we did shed a tear together when they clinched this year and showed the hilights of the 08 regular season to the new Eddie Vedder song about the cubs.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

cant help with anything as I am a vegtas virgin, but wanted to say that is such a lovely idea, I am sure you will get lots of brownie points for it!

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
634 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

Even though I'm a PACKER / BREWERS fan, I'll help in the name of doing something nice for the ladies. The QUA Spa is awesome but I've also had a facial at the Paris Spa and it's nice too. Depends on whether or not you think the convenience of having their spa experience in-house is important. I think they'd probably spend more time at QUA just experiencing the different baths and relaxing. (I think I spent about 5 hours there which my hubby loved because he could play poker without feeling guilty)

I echo the recommendation to check out the web-site for whatever spa you choose, get some ideas, and then call the Spa direct. Give them your price guidelines, and they'll give you suggestions.

I have a 21 y/o daughter and she LOVES getting facials, and having her hands/feet dipped in parafin. She also loves getting a manicure/pedicure because that's not something she'd fork out money on her own for.

What a nice guy (even though you're a Bears fan) The ladies will love you.

Mentioned in this post
Paris Las Vegas
Paris Las Vegas
27,038 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
The Spa at Encore
The Spa at Encore
238 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

What a nice guy you are!!! Anyhow, I've been to the spa at Paris and it's really nice. I had a body wrap and it was great.

Maybe you can just print out the "menu" from the spa and ask what all 3 ladies would like. Or wait till you arrive in Vegas and do the same thing. Unless you're going during a busy time period, you can usually book a treatment the day before.

I'm in my 50's and I do like having the body wraps, buffing, etc., but I know that my 75 year old mom wouldn't want to be undressed with a stranger and I'm not sure my 20 year old daughter would either.

I'd think it's a great surprise!

Mentioned in this post
Paris Las Vegas
Paris Las Vegas
27,038 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

Why not get a gift certificate/card for each? Either that or type up something, put it in a greeting card....'thinking of you' card. In the note just say they can each pick what service(s)they'd like to have for a value of up to $150. Print out a copy of the spa's menu with pricing. I'd do it before leaving home so they can get appts booked.

What an awesome man you are!

chicago
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

Thanks all for your replies,

Believe me with my family (stubborn Italians) and resistant to change, the only way this will fly if I state lets take a look at the spa, then inform them of the reservations(no way for them to back out) and this is a thank you from me and go enjoy. If I leave anything up for interpretation they will make excuses not to go. This will be unchartered territory for all three of them.

If the Paris has decent facilities, this would be our best option.

Mentioned in this post
Paris Las Vegas
Paris Las Vegas
27,038 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

You should be aware that $150 is probably about enough for 1 treatment, depending on what you get. You're less likely to go over budget at Paris than you are at Qua - and Qua may not be open to guests that aren't staying at Caesar's ona weekend. The cost of the treatment includes a day-long facilities pass, so you won't have to pay extra for that, but they will charge you extra for gratuity.

Mentioned in this post
Paris Las Vegas
Paris Las Vegas
27,038 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ladies I need your help (pretty please)

Most spas are 18 and over for treatments, so you may have a hard time finding one that will take your 16 year old daughter. She can, however, get a manicure/pedicure at the salon, have a make up lesson, or get a fancy hair-do in the salon as well.