We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High cost of Vegas

harker heights...
5 posts
High cost of Vegas

My wife and I have been to Vegas 10 times since 1994 and we have seen the costs for tours, shows and food more than double and even triple in some cases. Our last trip was in 2006 and because we are now on a fixed income it will, most likely be our last. we are saving a little each month so we can take a nice trip on our 50th annversery in 2012 but, we may not beable to afford Vegas. Most of our friends say the same thing, so as far as seniors with moderate income goes, most can not handle the high prices. We really miss going because we always had a great time. We think that our age and income group, that use to go and spend $1500-$3000, can no longer afford yo go. Maybe they need a hotel for the Silver Hairs that has reasonable prices, with a card memmbership, to get the special prices. Like that would ever happen.

Well I've vented but I'll sure miss VEGAS BABY.

Frank in Texas

England
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
71. Re: High cost of Vegas

I don't think your budget differs from a lot of others. It IS more expensive for us to go this year than last year, but we'll make a few small changes to accommodate.

-An extra hotel change during our stay this time

-Planning our meals using tips from TA and other sites to keep costs down. Same for shows.

-We're renting a car for part of this trip to avoid the cab fares.

-Check hotel rates after booking and call hotel if they drop. We've saved over $200 from when we first booked and even then, it was a great offer.

-Plan some time away from the strip. Hoover dam and the cinema is on our list to do this trip.

The key is absolute planning. Plan, plan, plan. I should add I love planning and making lists, but this isn't for everyone, but it is the best way to save money.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
942 posts
32 reviews
72. Re: High cost of Vegas

IrishFan keep your ill-informed prejudices about Scots to yourself please.

This Scot will be travelling to Vegas this week to pump money into the US's failing economy, and hopefully have a great time too.

73. Re: High cost of Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 15:21