We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airways

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
553 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
US Airways

Hi everyone!

I've read some not-so-nice comments about US Airways and I have to say they have me a little concerned. We're traveling to Vegas first week in November via US Airway out of San Antonio. Although I don't like having layovers - I couldn't justify spending an additional $230 for a direct flight using Southwest. I purchased round trip through UA for $206 a person, great arrival and departure times, where SW wanted $320 a person...

Anyway - would you all share what your experiences have been with UA? What should I be aware of? And along those same lines - if you've had good experiences with UA - those would be nice to hear also.

Thanks for all your help...

T-16

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Airways

I used to take US Airways/America West from Newark, NJ when they still had frequent direct service.

Its just a basic airline. Some delays, but nothing ever crazy. The service is nowhere near Continental's but it gets you to Vegas.

If I had a choice, I wouldn't take US Airways again, but I wouldn't mind if they were significantly cheaper.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
372 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Airways

I've flown USAirways numerous times from Philly to Vegas. We've never had a problem and they were very helpful when I had my wedding gown with me. We do take direct flights because of the bad luck we have had on other airlines when there is a layover. We have never had a luggage issue with USAir and we have never had a problem with the airline. Are there delays? Yea - but that's with every airline when you are flying in and out of two very busy airports. Everyone has their own perspective on airlines so just relax and go with the flow. You may get their a little late but that isn't always the airline's fault.

Jackson, MS
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: US Airways

I love both USA and SWA and try to not fly anyone else unless there is a big difference in fares. Both are pretty basic airlines, nothing too fancy. Reason I LOVE USA is when going on vacation in December 2005 or 2006 we were supposed to go to Cozumel, Mexico. Our hotel was not going to be open due to damages from a hurricane. With less than 2 weeks to go before our flight USA changed our reservation from Cozumel to St. Croix USVI at no additional cost. Now, THAT'S customer service.

I like SWA for their low fares and great frequent flier program.

As you have already chosen your airline and flight, don't let anyone's horror stories scare you. No guarantee the same thing will happen to you.

Toronto
Level Contributor
340 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Airways

Flew US Airways out of Buffalo to NYC in the summer for a family funeral, and the staff treated us extremely well. Understanding that it was an exhausing couple of days, they even made an extra effort to get us back on an earlier flight, to the point of coordinating with security at LGA to get us through, then had a cart waiting on the other side to whiz us to the plane before the doors shut. An extra effort, certainly, and greatly appreciated. We will give US Airways our business again and again.

5. Re: US Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 17:33