We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirage rooms

Southeast US
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mirage rooms

After checking several promo codes for late Dec. we have narrowed our choices to MGM, Mirage and NYNY.

MGM - no refund of deposit so putting this one on hold for now. Will keep an eye out for other MGM deals.

If you have stayed at Mirage or NYNY recently I would like to hear about it. Currently Mirage is our choice but have not made reservations yet.

Thanks for the info.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirage rooms

I haven't stayed at Mirage recently, but I can tell you that of your three options, I would forget about NYNY. It's not nearly as nice as the other two, is inferior in dining and nightlife options, and there's always the possibility you'll be in a room that hears the roller coaster blasting by your window as you try to sleep. I really like MGM and Mirage, and that's based on pre-renovated rooms - I've seen what they've done to the rooms and it only makes those hotels more attractive, especially for the good rates you can snag at both. Personally, I would choose Mirage, because I now prefer that area of the strip, with the newer high-end hotels like Wynn and Palazzo, but other than that, Mirage and MGM are very comparable.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirage rooms

All of the rooms at the Mirage have just been totally refurbished so it's all new. The location is also excellent. I wouldn't think twice, I'd go with Mirage, you can walk everywhere from that location, it's right in the thick of things and by thick, I mean in a very good way!

Dallas-Fort Worth...
Level Contributor
103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirage rooms

stay at the mirage.

you will not be dissapointed. i was just there.

check out the spa as well very nice.

20 dollars is the cab fare from LAS including a nice tip.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mirage rooms

Just returned from the Mirage - last weekend of Sept, and also stayed at MGM in Feb earlier this year.... I'd have to say the Mirage wins due to the great location. The rooms have been reno'd at both, but more recently at the Mirage. Both are huge, older hotels, but they have everything you need. I have not stayed at NYNY, so I cannot comment on that one....

where ever you stay- have fun!

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mirage rooms

We stayed at the Mirage for 6 nights in September, had a great time asked for a room over looking the pool area, and we got it, the room was very nice we had 2 queen size beds with a large wall mounted tv, although we did not us it alot it was good to switch on in the morning, but the best thing about the Mirage was the pool area, it was great, we hope to return to vegas in 2009 and we will stay at the Mirage again.

Happy holidays Bob & Kath

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mirage rooms

Mirage rooms:

…webshots.com/photo/2758907820101286811RJVXHJ

Stayed there in May and June. Very nice hotel, well located. (only drawback was the very small bathroom)

If you can swing an upgrade at MGM, go for the Celebrity Spa Suite:

…webshots.com/photo/2537086460101286811WDMTKS

Very large bathrooms

NYNY is remodeling and looked very blah in May and June.

7. Re: Mirage rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2008, 14:51
8. Re: Mirage rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 22:15