We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I AM going to get there

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
I AM going to get there

I got home yesterday with 20 minutes to spare to print our boarding passes, turned on the computers---NO INTERNET. Played with it a couple of minutes, but knew I didn't have time. So I got in the car and went back to the office (takes 8-10 minutes) and was able to print our passes.

My wife and I are both going into our offices today (cutting it real close) so we had to pack this morning and make sure everything is ready, so we can leave as soon as she gets home.

Turn on the news this morning and hear a tanker truck exploded on the freeway---1 exit before the airport! The trucks from the airport came to the rescue and sprayed foam on the freeway to put out the fire. The freeway will be closed at least 8 hours.

It is still going to be possible to get to the airport, but it's going to take longer. Boy, is this going to be close!

But one way or another---I AM GOING TO GET THERE.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I AM going to get there

Good luck in getting there - hopefully you've already made some good progress. I saw the pictures of the fireball on the freeway. Yikes!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I AM going to get there

Good Luck!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I AM going to get there

Goooooo ktinca....you can do it, you can, you can!!!!

Have a safe trip!!!!

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I AM going to get there

I have complete faith in you- you ARE going to make it! If you have to walk to the airport- just do it! lol

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,008 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I AM going to get there

Wow, I'm at work in VA listening to a stream from KKSF radio in San Francisco and heard about that wreck on the freeway. Good luck to you in getting to the airport.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I AM going to get there

Before you leave, you might want to go to the bathroom and check in the mirror to make sure you haven't turned into Chevy Chase and your wife is not Beverly DiAngelo. If so, your vacation might be doomed. lol

Best of luck to you. I look forward to the trip report.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I AM going to get there

At least we fly Southwest from one of their main locations. So if we miss our flight there are still 3 flights later tonite. Of course God only knows what it would cost, lol.

Now if I can just pull my wife away from her office on time we might make it.

Thanks for the support.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I AM going to get there

I can't imagine much worse than planning a Vegas Vacation and then having road blocks actually prevent me from getting there....so, I like your attitude. You WILL get there.

9. Re: I AM going to get there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 16:20