We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX to Vegas

VCG
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
106 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
LAX to Vegas

Am landing at LAX Interational from hong kong at about 830 PM. Any idea on how to get to Vegas that evening as there dont seem to be too many flights operating to Vegas after 8 PM.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX to Vegas

Check www.southwest.com

1,519 Miles from...
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX to Vegas

Just looking at flight schedules for today, the 29th, the last Southwest flight departs at 9:50pm, probably too late if your flight arrives at 8:30pm. You would have to clear customs then take a bus to Terminal 1, check in and go through security again. A safer option is United flight 1492, which departs at 11:16pm, plenty of time to connect. If you decide to rent a car and drive, keep in mind the time difference and that you may be very tired after that long of a flight, plus it will be an unfamiliar and very boring route once you get away from LA and into the desert.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX to Vegas

I would forget about getting to Vegas that night. Immigration at LAX can easily take a couple of hours for overseas visitors which would have you exiting the International terminal at around 10.30pm.

Stay at a hotel close to the airport and fly to LV feeling refreshed the next day. I frequently fly into LAX from Asia and it's a flight that really drains you. The last thing I'd feel like is heading directly to Vegas... :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: LAX to Vegas

You can make it that night. I think the UA flight is probably your best bet.

It should not take you any longer than 45 mins or so to clear Passport Control (US Customs and Border Protection) that time of night (barring you are not selected for a secondary examination/inspection).

Have fun on your trip. Try a few poker tournamnents. The Orleans has some good ones Enjoy...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LAX to Vegas

I have to agree with Blagger for the second time in 1 day. Having flown from Australia to LAX before....the last thing I could think of is hanging at the airport and waiting to get on another flight to Vgeas. Stop at a hotel at LAX for the night....have dinner, get to bed early and grab a morning flight to Vegas the next day feeling fresh as a daisy :-)

11 hrs from LHR to LAX then on to LAS on my last trip was a real pain. Security at LAX is a freaking nightmare and not something u will want to deal with after a long haul flight.

shirl'......the tables will wait 1 more day 4 you :-)

6. Re: LAX to Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 12:25