We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking flight question

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
booking flight question

I've never done this before so I'm a virgin to flying. I booked our rooms from Jan29 until Feb4. I kept checking with Allegient and they always had a flight. I just checked now and they don't have a return flight for the 4th of Feb. What do I do now?I've been told by this forum that it's better to book your rooms then check for cheaper flights. Did I wait too long or does the flights change to be in my favor again..I THINK I'M IN TROUBLE!!!!

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Alberta
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking flight question

I'm assuming you're flying from Vancouver? Why Allegiant. Westjet has flights for $89 there and $79 on the way back for those dates.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking flight question

Kayak.com is your friend.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
58,848 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking flight question

I'm confused by the whole thing...why are you "in trouble"? Did you buy non-refundable hotel rooms? So just book another hotel for the extra night, or contact the hotel where you're booked to see what it would cost to add on a night.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking flight question

Is there any chance the flight is sold out, and for that reason is now showing up when you search for it?

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking flight question

"not" , not "now".

Edit button please!!!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking flight question

I agree, not sure why you'd be in trouble. Just check with other airlines...Air Canada, Westjet, or one of the many US airlines that fly out of Vancouver daily.

I've never actually known any Canadians who've flown with Allegient but if that flight no longer shows up, it is sold out. Just book with someone else, problem solved.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking flight question

I called and changed the reservation will go a day later and come back a day later.Sorry to panic but I have never booked a flight before(drive everywhere)I booked with allegient because everybody I know from Canada uses them. They all say that they are a great little airline. Keep in mind I am 30 mins away from Bellingham.I checked prices with westjet and after extra fees it is about the same price.as Canada has all their taxes and fees as well as the US ,seems like the difference is that you have to pay both the Canadian and US fees ,but anyhow its done and looking forward to my trip...

Texas
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: booking flight question

Personally, I normally book both at the same time (separately) and monitor them to see if either lower prior to my trip. I can say that flights fluctuate so much that for my upcoming trip I jumped on the flights (which went up $50USD in a week) and will book the hotel once I decide on one-no real rush because there's alot of availability and pricing hasn't changed for the worse.

9. Re: booking flight question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 07:17