We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping and Weather in Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
galway ireland
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shopping and Weather in Vegas

I am going to vegas in december Could anyone recommend the best shopping outlet in vegas? and also we are going to chicago first and then vegas and just wondering what the weather will be like in dec as we know itll be very cold in chicago but no clue bout vegas...

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping and Weather in Vegas

your fav weather website is the place to go for the forcast. you can get averages now - and check a few minutes before you pack for the 10 day forcast. LV is just like the rest of the world - the weather changes constantly. no one here know what it will be like in Dec (you don't say which dates).

i can't help with outlets - plenty of others will. it might help if you tell them what "best shopping outlet" means to you so they can offer opinions based on your needs.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping and Weather in Vegas

There are plenty of shopping areas, malls and discount outlet centers.

For a "regular" shopping mall I would choose Fashion Show Mall right across from TI (on the strip).

There are three outlet malls- the one in Primm(Fashion Outlet-it is not close and I would not bother going there), Premium Mall and Las Vegas Outlet Center. Of the three I would say Premium is the best one.

lasvegasadvisor.com/…

The weather in December can vary a great deal and what it is like one year has nothing to do with what it is like any other year. The average high(depending on when you are going)-mid to upper 50s but the high can range from the 30s to the 70s. Average low- mid to upper 30s but can range from the teens to the 50s. If it is windy it can seem much colder. The only way to know what it is going to be like during your trip is to check a weather site just before leaving.

Always bring clothes that can be layered- tops with long sleeves, a mediumweight sweater and a lined jacket. This way you will be prepared for any kind of weather- even if the forecast changes while you are there.

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
6,992 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping and Weather in Vegas

Nordstrom Rack(Nordstrom) and Off5th(Saks Fifth Avenue) are excellent outlet stores in Vegas.

These two stores had below-average choices 5 to 10 years ago but are MUCH better today.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping and Weather in Vegas

I like the Chelsea Premium Outlets not far from the Strip. If you like designers like DandG, Etro,Missoni, etc...you will be very happy. Also lots of other stores. You can look them up on the internet.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping and Weather in Vegas

There are two shopping outlets in Vegas one 3 miles South of Mandalay Bay, LAs Vegas OUtlet Centre and the other, Premium Outlet Mall West of the strip between Treasures Island and Stratosphere. LV Outlet center is outside adn probably not quite as good as the PremiumOutlet Mall but it does have a Sean John shop which teh other does not and parking is slightly easier, its is alos inside which is betterw hen it is very hot or indeed very cold ;-)

…wordpress.com/2008/…

Maryland
Level Contributor
395 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping and Weather in Vegas

CAn you walk to the Prime Outlet Center from Treasure Island ? How far is it ?

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping and Weather in Vegas

I think that would be a long walk. We took a cab from the Flamingo for less than 20 dollars.

8. Re: Shopping and Weather in Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 07:18