We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Website for road directions for day trips from Las Vegas

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Website for road directions for day trips from Las Vegas

Hello

I'm visiting Las Vegas in a few weeks time and I'm planning on hiring a car for some day trips.

At the moment I'm thinking of visiting Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire and Mount Charleston.

(I've been to the Grand Canyon and Death Valley before.)

I would be grateful if somebody could suggest a good website I could use in order to plan the route for my day trips as at the moment I'm thinking Lake Mead, Hoover Dam and Valley of Fire could possibly be combined into one day?

Any advice on these trips would be appreciated.

Thank you

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Website for road directions for day trips from Las Vegas

any of the basic mapping websites such as mapquest is a good start.

Check the individual websites and see if they have a "directions" links.

You could also wait until you arrive and ask the rental car agent or concierge at your hotel to highlight a map for you - they do this daily, know the current conditions. It's not something you need to finalize ahead of time

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Website for road directions for day trips from Las Vegas

I can't get the link to work, but there is a TA member (Frisco Roadrunner) who did a very informative post about Vegas daytrips to Death Valley National Park. She answers PM's if you have more questions.

Since I can't post the link, just do a search on the Death Valley National Park, California Forum.

Minot, North Dakota
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Website for road directions for day trips from Las Vegas

Mapquest has a feature that lets you put in a starting and ending destination. However I think it has to be a city.

Google has maps that you can bring up and I like to pick out a city then zoom in or out and change the position of the view to N S E & W. Also change the "view" to satellite up in the right corner of the map. Just type in Las Vegas, NV.

Malebird

4. Re: Website for road directions for day trips from Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 07:17