We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tacky to mention anniversary??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwalk, CT
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
tacky to mention anniversary??

Is it tacky to mention it's our 25th anniversary? If we DO mention it, what can we expect? We spent our honeymoon there and are returning to celebrate. IT REALLY IS OUR ANNIVERSARY, hee hee. We're staying at Hard Rock 2 nites and Venetian 3 nites. Count down's begun, leaving on the 21st and simply can't wait, already packing!!

Hermosa Beach, Cali
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

At the Hard Rock Hotel ask if you can get upgraded to the "John Entwhistle Suite". I hear it is very romantical.

Maui
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

It is definitely not tacky!

There's no way to predict whether it will help you get an upgrade.

But it is worth a try.

Good luck!

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

I say mention it everywhere you go. Never hurts.

You may get a free drink or dessert etc.

If you dont get a free upgrade, you will probably get something nice in your room at Venetian... fruit, chocolate etc.

Its not tacky at all.

4. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2005, 02:24
hollywood
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

i don't think it's tacky. i mentioned it was my bday in vegas and got upgrade.

if you want tacky, find the post where someone wanted to fit 6 people into one room at the venetian.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

It's not tacky. Not everyone can say they've been married 25 years. It's the ones who say, "It's my birthday"....Big deal! Everyone has a birthday every year!

New York
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

Hey Tan we are celebrating our 25th anniversary with a trip to Vegas also. We will be there in early September staying at the MC! I was planning on mentioning it also but so excited about going that we won't be disappointed if no extras are extended. We should be proud that we can say it has been 25 years!!!

Have a wonderful time.

Jan

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

No harm in mentioning it. We were in Vegas in April to celebrate our 25th anniversary and going back again in November. The actual date is in 2 weeks time when we are going on a cruise, but what the heck, the anniversary is the reason for the Vegas trips.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
154 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

I would go for it. It's a special day

Vegas

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
203 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tacky to mention anniversary??

We are going for our 30th. You never know what you will get if you don't ask!!