We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

San Angelo, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

Hello,

Just wanting to see if I could get a few sugestion on here. I am recently separated from my husband, and going on a solo trip to Vegas so that I can just get away. If you were women would you rather stay at Flamingo or Treasure Island in the petite suite for a solo trip? I have never been to Vegas before. Would both of the areas be safe?

Thanks to everyone!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

When I go solo I normally stay at Flamingo. I have always felt very safe! I have thought about staying at Treasure Island as well, and I think that I would feal very safe there also. I think it just depends on how much walking you really want to do.

But I also think that staying at the petite suite would be a relaxing get away.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

Hi again,

Just to let you know my co-worker on the other head just mentioned that she felt safer at Flamingo, but she don't know why.:)

San Angelo, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

Would like to stay at Treasure Island, but not sure if I would fit in. I only wear my jeans and t-shirts. then at night dress pants. Is most of the crowd all dress up?

San Angelo, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

Thanks for the help, I would like some more sugestions, please.

Thanks

Indiana
Level Contributor
474 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

Flamingo has a better strip location IMHO

canada
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

Jeans and t-shirts will be just fine, dress pants for evening are fine too. You will find that most places you go to in Vegas there will be people that are dressed up more than you, but also many that will have more casual clothes on than what you are wearing. Wear what you feel comfortable in!

Have a great time!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

Go on the trip and wear what ever YOU feel comfortable in. I suggest TI just cause they are so good to us, and it is a good location too! I couldn't care less what other people are wearing, however I do enjoy when you see the out of the ordinary outfits, the young girls with all the bling, and boobs spilling out everywhere, the guys with purple suits and feathers, just be yourself, and you will see what fun you will have! I tell you, Vegas is THE ONE place I can go alone, and not feel awkward at all, maybe at a fine restaurant, but I would get over it if I wanted that particular food bad enough! Even if you go with somebody else you usually split up for a bit anyway. P.S. how did you come up with the idea to go to Vegas, (since you've never been before)!

burleson,texas
Level Contributor
845 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

I would suggest the Flamingo for the location. If I were you, I would upgrade to a Go Room with a Strip View.

Enjoy your solo trip.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

You needn't be concerned about safety at any of the major properties ont he Strip between Mandalay Bay and Wynn. There are always tons of people about at all hours - just use common sense and keep hold of your purse if you are in a crowd gawking at something like the Mirage volcano.

You might like a GO room at Flamingo - very trendy, modern rooms in pink and white. Little bit more central location than TI.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo:Flamingo or Treasure Island

I agree that the Go room at Flamingo would be a great choice cause they have all the modern Hi Tech in the rooms plus great location being more central on the strip so it makes it easier to go in either direction. You have Margaritaville to grab a bite or drink. It's across from Caesars & Bellagio so if you have a strip view you'll see them.

Here is the website to check out Flaming Go Rooms to see if they meet your criteria for a great stay.

www.harrahs.com

on top click on LV then hotel then reservation or Hot Deals for excellent rates & to get info on the rooms. You didn't say when you are going but if you are going later on like after March then Flamingo has the better pool also.