We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to avoid in Vegas

Surrey BC
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Places to avoid in Vegas

We just returned from Vegas and wanted to warn you about Harrah's Buffet which they have a huge sign for $8.99......small print says you have to have a players card so you have to go back down and sign up!!!

We also ate at Planet Hollywood which was horrible....the prices where sky high and amount of food was a joke!!!!

Surrey BC
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

Darn it, I tried to edit but had already hit the button lol, it was Sahara's buffet NOT Harrahs....sorry

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

Planet Hollywood is not worth the visit. House of Blues was another disappointment although it looks quite lovely!

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

I make it a point to eat at PH restaurant every time I go to Vegas. But then I'm a big movie fan and I like the food.

I have eaten at PH here in London and it's all the same food for roughly the same price in our currency.

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

I would avoid Sahara's buffet due to the food quality.

Also, I love the House of Blues. Their Voodoo shrimp, ribs and jambalaya are all excellent.

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

I meant to ask, were there any places that you would recommend?

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

Sticking with the buffet theme, the legendary buffets to avoid (besides Sahara) are Excalibur and Imperial Palace.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,797 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

after way too many buffets in my early Vegas years, I was a college student so Id go often, along with too many late night $.99 breakfasts, I avoid all buffets.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
891 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

Well Yeah - I would take a pass on the buffet at IP (eewww). Also, Bally's was a bust for us - clean but boring selection.

Flamingo was ok but not great. I am a budget traveler but these spots just aren't worth even the budget price. I would pay a little extra for the Paris buffet, I also liked Luxor (not the location or the maze like like), I liked the Rio Seafood buffet.

Cheers,

CS

Indiana
Level Contributor
474 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

the area between circus circus and talk of the town strip club at 4am............id avoid that at all costs

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to avoid in Vegas

My understanding is that Bally's buffet no longer exists. I tried it once, it was unremarkable, but not actually awful.