We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffets based upon quality of food?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
290 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Buffets based upon quality of food?

Wow, this is getting so confusing. First, I read some negative then positive reviews of the Alladin. Then, I see a web site that talks about the best being the Belagio. Then someone here made nice comments about Wynn, but most reviews trash it, then someone said the Mirage was good, where another bunch of posts said it is OK, but go to the Bellagio or Alladin instead, the some recommend the Paris although it seems more for breakfast than other meals..........confusing to know who or what to believe. A recent thread pretty much trashes the Bellagio.

I think the first issue is to ask for reviews regardless of the money. I think it is funny that so many people get hung up the cost, and yet will put a $20 in a slot while waiting in line and not think a thing about it when they lose it in 5 minutes.

Second, OK we all know that a good regular restaurant is going to be better than most buffets. But, buffets are something special for Vegas and you do get a variety of choices to make.

So, forgetting price, or that you prefer a regular restaurant, etc. which is the best dinner, lunch and breakfast buffets in terms of QUALITY.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

Breakfast- I like the breakfast buffet at Cafe Lago at Caesar's, but it is rather small, not a big player. I once got to Paric in time to pay for breakfast, but they were switching over to lunch so my excellent impression may have been overly generous.

Lunch - My many experiences at Paris have been very good. Wynn was also excellent for lunch early in July. I've had pretty good experiences at Bellagio, but it seemed to be less impressive the last time I tried it. Mandalay Bay was ok, but the lack of seafood kept it off of my "gotta go back" list.

Dinner- Bellagio was fine but not exceptional in May 2004. Aladdin was really lame- boring & tasteless food (cheese enchiladas should have been warm enough at some point to melt the cheese!), except for the king crab legs which were pretty good. And while some may see it as unimportant, it was gross that the service was lacking so much that we wound up with STACKS of dirty dishes on our table before we were finished. blech.

These are my opinions based on personal experiences. Take them for what they're worth.

montreal
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

during my stay. i ate at the following buffets during dinner, here are my opinions

Wynn hotel: good food and very good desert. The seafood section was not clogged unlike paris and aladdin.

Paris hotel: Food selection wasnt as good as wynn. Had shrimp and crab, but everything else was ok. Didnt look too much at deserts.

Aladdin hotel: Wasnt bad, hhuuge line for seafood, decent food. Desert was mediocre

Bellagio hotel: Good selection of interesting foods. Desert was just ok.

wynn is the best IMO, followed by bellagio, aladdin and then paris.

Bradenton,FL
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

The only buffet in Vegas I have had was the Bellagio for their "gourmet" dinner, and I do not recommend it. Maybe others are worse...not sure, but the Bellagio did not impress me a bit. I think it all depends on your personal taste, and unfortunately you never know until you try.

mfj
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
638 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

The best in my humble (for dinner) is Le Village Buffet at the Paris. Very good food and the only buffet in town with any sort of ambience.

We went to the Bellagio - waited in line for yonks, and found it to be like a cafeteria. They even had Keno cards etc on our table - not good. The food was good but as indicated, the atmosphere was a shocker!

If you like pre dinner drinks and getting a good deal, try this: go to Napoleon's Bar for an aperitif or two about 4pm (nicest bar in Vegas - adjacent to LVB). Then go to LVB about 5-5.15 and get dinner at the lunch price.

Check out ratelv.com for more info about Vegas' buffets.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

We get comped for our rooms and food at paris so basically we eat there. Their breakfast and dinner buffet is excellent! Lots of food to choose from. They also specially make your crepes while you watch.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
691 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

For breakfast, I like the Paris buffet the best.

While I use to like Bellagio a lot, I think that it quality has gone down a lot and don't plan to return. I also think the RIO Buffet is very overrated. I do like the Alladins but go mainly for the lamb and I haven't been there since Planet Hollywood took it over. My current favorite for lunch or Dinner is Wynns.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

Breakfast..Paris without a doubt

Dinner I stick with Aladdin, their lamb w as to die for whereas the lamb at Paris was really tough. It wasn't busy either but we did go early.

Bellagio for gourmet dinner a huge dissapintment after this being our favourite buffet 2yrs ago.

the cost doesn't come into it as you say, people don't think twice aboput putting $25 in slot machine.

PS If i want to eat Enchilladas I wouldn't go to a buffet!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

"PS If i want to eat Enchilladas I wouldn't go to a buffet!"

I don't remember asking for a critique of my food selections, but I guess this pretty much begs a reponse, so here goes:

Honestly, I didn't pay good money to go to the Spice Market Buffet for dinner expecting to see cheese enchiladas as an option, but it was there so I tried it. I figured if they were serving it and if this buffet has gotten such raves that it must be good. Well, I was very wrong about that. It's a mistake I won't make again. Next time it'll be Wynn or Paris. Both offer much better food and much better values for the money.

NY
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

Buffets are more geared to the all-you-can-stuff-in clientel, so quality is not as important as mass quantities. Good for a faster breakfast, but save your pennies and have a nice dinner in a regular sit-down place for a good meal.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buffets based upon quality of food?

the Mandalay Bay buffet was good for Breakfast...plus Mimossa's were included!!