We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

montana
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

We are seeing Phantom and want to see one more show while we are there. Ka is the only CDS show playing. Would you spend $100/ticket on KA or Jersey boys? We live in the boondocks so we can't see JB or CDS any other place.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,005 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
347 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
montana
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Have never seen a Cirque show either.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

If you like Frankie Valli music, J.B. is definitely the way to go. On the other hand, you're already seeing one musical production.

Ka is the easiest to "understand" of the CdS shows as it has an actual plot and you'll be talking about the amazing stage for weeks.

Also, be aware that Ka is frequently discounted - there's a link from the MGM Grand's KA page for 25% off through January and it may pop up at Tix4Tonight during the week.

Ohio
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

Jersy Boys is amazing, I have seen it 3 times and would go again, Vegas production was my favorite. Ka is my least favorite Cirque show, Love, Mystere, O, then Ka

Canada
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

The first Cirque show I saw was KA and I thought it was boring!! The stage and what they do with it is absolutely AMAZING but the show itself...boring!! Yes, there is a story line to KA but had I not read what it was about before arriving at the theater, I would have been totally confused with what the heck was going on. In fact, even knowing what the story was going to be about, I was still confused!!

I did give Cirque a second chance this summer and saw LOVE...it was FANTASTIC!! I'm not really a Beatles fan (or a Cirque fan for that matter) but LOVE was one of the best shows I've ever seen!

If your heart isn't set on KA, go see LOVE...you'll be happy you did!!

I haven't seen Jersey Boys so I can't help you there but it tends to get very good reviews.

Hope you have a great trip!

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

I would pick Jersey Boys. Out of the four CDS shows I have seen- Ka, Love, Mystere and O- Ka was the one I really didn't like at all. The stage was nice but the show itself did not hold me interest.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,342 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

It's a bit like comparing apples to oranges - they're completely different types of show, and I don't think you'd be disappointed whichever one you chose to see.

Jersey Boys was actually much better than I thought it would be and I would recommend it to anyone.

Ka is also very good (amazing theatre and stage set) but LOVE and Mystere are better CDS shows in my opinion.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

You have presented a rough question! The two shows are soooo very different. I didn't like KA toooo much. But, if I'd never seen LOVE, Mystere, or "O," I probably would have liked it more. Jersey Boys is beautifully done. I liked it pretty well. It's not your old fashioned musical with high kicks and big sets and fabulous costumes, but it's very well done. You will LOVE Phanthom, I think. I think since your are already seeing one great musical show, and have never seen a CDS show, you might want to seen KA along with Phantom. Enjoy!

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

I vote for Jersey Boys too! I did not grow up with Frankie and the Four Seasons, but I loved the show! It was really great. I would see it again.

Now, I have seen just about every CDS show there is. I did like Ka' but it wasn't my favorite. I actually fell asleep! I would recommend Love, O or Mystere.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

Absoluely Loved Love. Seen it twice and would see it again. Mystery was good also. Phantom has incredible stage and costumes. I think you would have to like opera to totally love the show.

I would see Love. Its total opposite of Phantom. Nice variety.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ka or Jersey Boys? Need opinions.

I completely agree with Darmom.

Go see Love instead, you won't be disappointed.