We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Food

Peoria
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheap Food

I will be going to Vegas March 15th and staying at Harrah's. My question is where can I find the cheapest food deals? I am talking about the $1 footlong hotdogs and all things cheap. Just as an example last time I was in Vegas we loved the 99 cent hotdogs and fries at Mermaids downtown.

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,619 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,111 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Food

Cool, i will be there too round the same time! staying at Signature though. Cheap food is a plenty in downtown an Vegas in general, and Mermaids is an example of that. for others, try Golden Gate's cocktails, the cheap off menu meals like the Hard Rock's $7.77 Gambler special and in n out burger

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Level Contributor
24,769 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Food

Slots-a-fun for the hot dog!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16,013 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Food

jtburke11, you can still get some good deals like at Ellis Island ($6.99 steak dinner) buffets downtown for about $1 for 2 with coupon. Also, Golden Gate has some decent cheap sandwiches. As for the footlong hotel for a dollar, I think the price went up because people of some religion were demanding that the hot dog be circumsized, so you know, more labor involved. At least that's what I heard.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Food

Not too many deals like that left in Vegas, However here is a tip I just found, that I will be using. Search the sites for the Flamingo buffet coupon. The buffet is $20.00 per person & IMHO the best for your $$ on the strip for that price, however when you find the coupon....& purchase the buffet, it includes a free show:-) Ill try to find the link to the coupon. I'm A bit of a vegas coupon freak, There is also B1G1Free for nathans hot dogs & Bella Pannini out there, Let me see if I can post the links.

KNK

Mentioned in this post
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16,013 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Food

That should read $10 for a couple of buffets using coupons. Not $1. like what can you get for one dollar?

vegas for Superbowl
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Food

Sned me a message if you find that Buffet show coupon link please.

TIA

Dallas
Level Contributor
24,769 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Food

Hitchhiker - what's a "footlong hotel"? Sorry just couldn't resist, besides that post is notti.

Dallas
Level Contributor
24,769 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Food

Hitchhiker - what's a "footlong hotel"? Sorry just couldn't resist, besides that post is notti.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Food

Well I guess its an easy one

www.vegasforlocals.com

If you dont mind schelping around coupons.....

Ellis Island was really good, however its a bit of a hike from the strip if your hoofin it, & an hour wait when we went last time. HUGE portions though!

KNK

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
217 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap Food

On the strip cheap food is tougher to find. There is normally a Nathans B1G1 out there. Slots A Fun has cheap hotdogs, but they are only so so, nothing like the old Westward Ho Mega Dog.