We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo Rooms

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
566 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Flamingo Rooms

We're heading to LV at the end of Feb. We've stayed at the Flamingo twice before and are booked there for this next trip. Both times before we've received a horrible room upon check-in and had to be moved. (I don't care about the view, but I do care about stains on the seats, broken fixtures, no AC, etc...) The second time we stayed there I even tried the $20 trick and still got the bad room... my question is has anyone ever received an upgrade (complimentary) at the Flamingo? Has the $20 trick ever worked? I just wonder if it's policy to have a bad room passed off first on unsuspecting people and hope they don't complain... Just wondering...

Special Offer
Las Vegas Night Tour of the Strip by...
138 reviews
from US$39.99*
US$43.04
Las Vegas Club Crawl
10 reviews
from US$39.99*
Las Vegas Strip Ultra Limousine Tour
20 reviews
from US$199.99*
Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo Rooms

The one time I stayed at the Flamingo, I got one of those bad rooms and didn't complain. I do think they try to pass them off but if won't happen to me again because I will never stay there again. There are so many better choices IMO.

FWB, FLorida
Level Contributor
692 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo Rooms

I agree with vegasvarmint. Check around, lots of other places to stay. If you do end up at Flamingo, we (finally) got an "executive room" which I think was either $40 or $60 a night more. They are on the top floors and are more spacious than the regular rooms, and acceptable. I just try to avoid the Flamingo if I can.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo Rooms

Was this a Go Room? My husband and I like The Flamingo especially the Go Rooms we've never received a complimentary upgrade but have been comped.

FWB, FLorida
Level Contributor
692 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamingo Rooms

No, it was not a GO room, those are different. I liked the executive room, it had a coffee maker, the room was larger and the bathroom was larger than the regular room. If I have to stay at Flamingo for business, this room is okay.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flamingo Rooms

gina - is there a reason why you continue to stay there? we stay at the Imperial Palace and even though many here say it is a dump we definitely disagree about that. Have always had very clean rooms and no complaints at all. This next trip will be comped and we are being given the 2-room (or something like that) deluxe king suite. We were going to stay at Paris, also comped, but husband wanted to go back to the IP and I gave in as if ge really had his way we would be spending all the 5 nts. downtown and none on the strip, so I compromised. But if you check, possibly you could get a room (deluxe or better is what I would recommend as decor is much nicer) at the IP for same $$ as Flamingo??

Tewksbury...
Level Contributor
387 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flamingo Rooms

I have stayed at the flamingo 5 times and have used the 20 dollar trick all of them. each time I was upgraded to a delux room with a high floor and strip view. Going at end of feb I reccomend a different option. rooms are cheap right now especially TI and the Mirage. We are staying in a tower suite at the Mirage for 200 per night. Probably get a 120 dollar room at either fully renovated. Might be time to make a change. Flamingo in Feb makes no sense because pool will be not as important. I do love flamingo though.

Bismarck, North...
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flamingo Rooms

I stayed at the Flamingo and got a terrible room (the standard room). So, we went down to the front dest and told them to give us a new room. They said they would the next morning. So the next morning, we called and asked if we could get a GO room for free, and they were happy to do it. GO rooms are great and much better than the standard room.

8. Re: Flamingo Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 01:18