We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got confirmation: Neon Boneyard

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
285 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Just got confirmation: Neon Boneyard

Is it weird that I'm so excited to see this place?

I take personal photographs, but am by no means an artist. I just love the idea of seeing all that LV history.

And, it'll cost way less than 2 hours at the craps table :)

Wichita
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got confirmation: Neon Boneyard

How cool. I mentioned it last week while we were there, but didn't look into it. I'm no professional either, but love my old Pentax with a tripod for low light/nightime photography and have some awesome shots from the strip 15 yrs or so ago! I'm guessing you can go, and they light the signs up at night? Please let us know how how it goes there!!! Thanks, and good luck with the craps... maybe it will pay FOR it!

Copperas Cove, Texas
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got confirmation: Neon Boneyard

Travelingurl can you tell me the hrs, location etc?

This sounds like something me and the hubby could do when we go in april, thank you.

Bella

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,449 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got confirmation: Neon Boneyard

let me know if you can't open this.

leadersedgemagazine.com/archive/September-20…

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got confirmation: Neon Boneyard

The Neon Boneyard is a neat place. The lady that led our tour told a lot of stories about the properties that housed the signs.

I'd just advise not to wear open-toed shoes as it is a true junkyard. You'll encounter a lot of rocks and broken glass in there. Have fun!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got confirmation: Neon Boneyard

It is served by the 113 bus from DTC

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got confirmation: Neon Boneyard

http://www.neonmuseum.org/boneyard.html

7. Re: Just got confirmation: Neon Boneyard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 12:29