We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations for a comedy show

Stickney,IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
recommendations for a comedy show

WHich would u recommend and why .Mac King or Amazing Jonathan or is there another show that is better??

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

We really like the Mac King show, it was a great show so much fun & interesting. Saw it 2 times cause it was that good & so much fun.

texas
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

I have never seen Mac King or Amazing Jonathan so I cannot compare but I try to see the Comedy Stop at the Tropicana everytime we go to Vegas. I like the Comedy Stop because 3 comedians go on stage (one at a time) and we always find one hilarious, sometimes even all 3. The comedians change constantly and it is the luck of the draw in terms of who you get but for us it has always been consistently good.

It is something fun to do and not too expensive. One drink per ticket is included and a coupon can usually be found in either the coupon books in the rooms or in the back of cabs (usually one for $5)and can be used on certain nights. I guess the one thing about it is that they sometimes use adult language and themes so it is not a show for children.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

I've never seen either of them in Vegas but I am familiar with their acts from seeing them on TV. Mac King and Amazing Johnathan are night and day apart when it comes to their material. Mac is more family-friendly and Johnathan is no where near family-friendly. In my opinion this makes Johnathan the better choice. lol

Seriously though, if you want comedy I have never heard anything bad about the Improv at Harrah's.

vegas for Superbowl
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

I saw Amazing Jonathan at a local club years ago.

It is a wildly entertaining show in my opinion.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

Sadly The Amazing Johnathan has had his day....saw him 10 years ago and he was great! Went back to see him 2 years ago in Vegas and his show was just....well....old!

Ive heard great things about Vinnie Favorito, though if you are easily offended, might want to skip him....though I will be going to see him in March.

Perhaps you could consider Penn and Teller....or head up to the Trop or Harrahs and go to a comedy club.

have fun

shirl'

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
343 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

I went to the Mac King show last time I was in Vegas and it was very entertaining for a family friendly show. I have only been once but I would really like to go again. Can anyone tell me if Mac King just has the one show and it would be the same every time? Or does he switch it up and have some different shows?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

Last year he had 2 afternoon shows on certain days.

canada
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

We love comedy shows. Mac King is very entertaining, we have been a couple of times, his show stays mostly the same.

Also do the Improv every trip - have never been disappointed, Comedy Stop - also very funny and Vinnie Favorito at the Flamingo - outrageously funny!!

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

I've seen Mac King and AJ. Mac King plays a much bigger room and is a more polished show. AJ is more of a 3-Stooges type of humor. They are both good. I'd pick Mac King if I had to pick one show.

Vinnie Favorito is better than either of them if you want down and dirty totally vile and obscene comedy. Vinnie is the only Vegas show I'd go to see twice.

Ohio
Level Contributor
950 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: recommendations for a comedy show

Mac King is great! Seems if you pay full price (still cheap) you can sit up front and maybe be called on stage..my husband was..it was hilarious, and so entertaining to see magic up close, as I am sort of a skeptic! Plan to go again this year.