I just came back from LV early Jan (the CES show). The largest convention of the year in LV, and things looked pretty bad in LV.
10. Slower cocktail service, literally nonexistence.
9. Gold Cost offering 2 free nights, plus $50 room credit as well (Dec 21 – 24) This was open to all club members, not a comp.
8. Wynn comp my MIL for not only 3 free nights, but also $150 room credit. The funny thing is that I played with her Red card to earn enough points for the free buffets back in March 08. I played the penny slot, and ended up winning $180, and got the 2 free buffet that day.
7. Fremount Experience, not many people outside watching this show (seems like a slow weeknight, on the one of the busiest weekend of the year)
6. Easy to find self parking within a good walking distance to the entrance of the hotel/casino.
5. Premium Outlet stores not crowded at all.
4. The photographer at Binion had a hard time getting people to have their picture taken for free with the million dollar.
3. Casino floor most of the time was slow. Lot of tables not opened, saw a few Pai Gow Poker at $5 min; with seats still available
2 While driving up and down the strip, it wasn’t gridlock like it’s normally is.
1. Mirage buffet, no line up on a Saturday between 6-7 PM, and was only half full inside.
Feel free to add to the list.