We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Steakhouse

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,198 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Steakhouse

Binion's or Vic and Anthony's in the GN? (do not suggest Hugo's, I had a bad experience there).

Food first, atmosphere second.

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,622 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
long Island NY
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

we have been to both and much prefer Binions have not been there since the renovation. We have never had a bad meal at Binions Food always wonderful and the service the same very professional. You will also find it to be less expensive then Vic's. Not that that should be the deciding factor. I would rather pay 60 bucks for a great steak then get a crappy one for free

long Island NY
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

Like i said in prev post have not been since renovations but prior fun atmosphere very old school steak house woth nice views and a great bar

Missouri
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

I'd like to recommend a third... The Flame/formerly Roberta's at The El Cortez. A fine eating establishment, and there are 50% off up to $25 coupons in the ACG guide, and also in the Member Rewards Book (formerly POV) from LVA. You can read reviews from some of our TA members here on this restaurant.

I also have heard That Pullmans Grille at MSS serves very good steaks, at a reasonable price. The atmosphere is very nice as well, with an actual train car present in the dining room.

long Island NY
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

bump

Loveland Colorado
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

Warmwinds-

I have been to both and would suggest Vic and Anthonys.

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

+1 for Roberta's/The Flame. Unfortunately they raised the prices a bit since they changed from Roberta's to the flame, but it's still very reasonable, especially if you have the above-mentioned coupon. Good food and excellent service.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,200 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

It's not a steak house but last year I had a delicious new york sirloin at Magnolia's in Four Queens. It was very tender, tasty and came with all the trimmings for $14.

Gilroy, California
Level Contributor
116 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

binions for the view and old vegas class and ambience, service better than avg., food and price is pretty typical - not exceptional.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
797 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

Definitely Binions, great view and service and good drinks at the bar. Their escargot with it's pastry topping is very good.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown Steakhouse

Did I see somewhere that Binion's had changed their decor? Not that I know what it was like before, but has anyone seen it recently - better, worse than it was before? (worse in that sometimes they get rid of the ambiance and do strange things in the name of progress).