We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

Comming to Vegas in April and staying at the Wynn. Wanting to take my wife to a nice dinner to celebrate our anniversay, and I'm trying to decide between SW or 9? I was leaning toward SW mainly because I hear of the great service and because we are staying at the Wynn. After reading several reviews of SW, I hear many people complain of the food being too salty? I have read some great reviews on 9 Steakhouse at the Palms. If I'm going to drop a decent amount of money on a nice dinner, I want to make sure that the food and service is great! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
19,871 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,618 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,109 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
402 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
South Lyon, Michigan
Level Contributor
163 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

I haven't eaten at SW so I can't comment, but I can say that the food at 9ine is good. It is not overwhelmingly amazing, but it is really good, and I would recommend it if you were staying there. My personal favorite is Delmonico at the Venetian (Emeril's), Prime at Bellagio (outstanding view of fountains, and though I haven't tried it yet, If I had my choice I would try Wolfgang Pucks new place at Palazzo. I can't remember the name but it is on the website. Good Luck, I am sure that you will be happy with any of them.

Mentioned in this post
Bellagio Las Vegas
Bellagio Las Vegas
13,962 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Delmonico Steakhouse
Delmonico Steakhouse
2,112 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Maine
Level Contributor
747 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

I ate at the 9 last time and it was very good..a bit loud but good. I agree I loved Delmonico's.

Saratoga, California
Level Contributor
471 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

Having done biz in LV for a number of years now, I will recommend THESteakhouse at Circus Circus for the best aged, best prepared, and best tasting steak in Vegas. If you want to "make the scene" or are interested in more elaborate dishes beyond the basics, do try elsewhere. If you truly want the best steak, join the Circus. ;)

Mentioned in this post
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

My experience at SW was subpar to say the least. (www.thevegasblog.blogspot.com for more details)

Make no mistake about it, the chefs at SW are the number one violators of some of the basic universal salad laws handed down to us mortals from the Greek Gods . . . you know, Gods like "Kraft" and "Hidden Valley" . . . Seriously, check the local rap sheets and you'll see multiple arrests for saladcide. Buuuuuuuut, if you like "dressing soup" instead of dinner salad, by all means go.

If you are going to eat at Wynn, I would suggest Okada - great service and great food - but only if you like Japanese/sushi.

Prime at Bellagio might be a good choice to look at as well - especially if you can get a table next to the windows looking out onto the fountains. Precious.

Mentioned in this post
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
19,871 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Bellagio Las Vegas
Bellagio Las Vegas
13,962 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

Make that www.thevegasblog.blogspot.com

Dang Parentheses . . . was he a greek god?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

The steaks & food was excellent at SW, totally loved it & the service was superior.. We have eaten sever times at SW at Wynn & never had a bad steak or anything that taste bad.

Go with SW at WYNN.

Mentioned in this post
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
19,871 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

Me and my husband have ate at SW Steakhouse and 9 Steakhouse. My husband says that SW Steakhouse was one of the best places he's ever ate at. I thought 9 was good but not as good as some other places. It was also a little noisy. You might also want to check into The Steakhouse at TI. It was also really good! We didn't like Prime at the Bellagio. We thought the food wasn't that great and it was very noisy. Delmonico is a great place too. We've ate there a few times. Overall, I'd pick SW. We're definitely eating there again when we go back.

April

Mentioned in this post
Bellagio Las Vegas
Bellagio Las Vegas
13,962 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
SW Steakhouse
SW Steakhouse
1,830 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Delmonico Steakhouse
Delmonico Steakhouse
2,112 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

I have eaten twice at N9NE and loved it both times. Agree that it is noisy but thats the vib the place puts out. Its a blast and great wait staff. We are eating @ Prime next week and here good things about it. Probably can't go qrong either way

Portland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

Neither.

Del Frisco's on Paradise is one of the best steakhouses in the country, let alone Vegas.

It'll be a 5 minute cab ride from Wynn.

Best steak you'll ever have and the service is flat out the best. Wonderful staff there.

We've already got a reservation booked for later in the month.

Mentioned in this post
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
19,871 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Del Frisco's
Del Frisco's
970 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SW Steakhouse or 9 Steakhouse?

I agree about the food at Del Frisco's, but it isn't the kind of place I'd go to for an anniversary or romantic dinner.

Try the Country Club at Wynn, Alize at the Palms or Prime at Bellagio. I love Prime for the food, the beautiful dining room and the outstanding service. Request a table by the windows and remind them of the request when you arrive for your reservation. Also request to have either pre dinner drinks or after dinner drinks/coffee and/or dessert out on their private patio. It's lovely and the perfect place to end the evening with your own personal fountain shows. For an anniversary, it is the overall picture that is important to me.

No matter what you choose, enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas
19,871 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Bellagio Las Vegas
Bellagio Las Vegas
13,962 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Del Frisco's
Del Frisco's