We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Island Vs Paris Vs Planet Hollywood

NZ
Level Contributor
139 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Treasure Island Vs Paris Vs Planet Hollywood

My Husband & I are going to Vegas in Sept 09 for 8 nights. We are comming from NZ and are very excited first timers. I can't decide which hotel may be the nest option from Treasure Island (strip view room) Paris (standard room) or Planet Hollywood (hollywood hip room)

We are not big gamblers but wanting to immerse ourselves in the vegas vibe and have a bit of luxury in the room. Need to be fairly central as I have difficulty walking long distances - any suggestions which hotel may be best, are there any I should be considering and aren't?

Indianapolis,IN
Level Contributor
5,288 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Treasure Island Vs Paris Vs Planet Hollywood

Have not stayed at PH but do enjoy eating and playing there. TI and Paris are both very nice. I prefer the rooms at TI, but Paris has a better location. There was a good discussion on Paris vs. TI earlier in the week with lots of opinions. They're very comparable IMHO.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Treasure Island Vs Paris Vs Planet Hollywood

Congrats on your first trip!

My suggestion would be PH, since that's very central. TI is on one end, although the end I prefer (close to Mirage, Venetian, Wynn). For a first timer mid-strip would be best. I, personally, didn't care for Paris, although others enjoy it a great deal. For me though, I couldn't recommend it.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treasure Island Vs Paris Vs Planet Hollywood

Paris is the most centrally located, and it's not as far from your room to the Strip as at some other places.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treasure Island Vs Paris Vs Planet Hollywood

Haven't stayed at the Paris but between TI and PH I would choose TI. Their strip view rooms are really nice. Be aware that the city center project has several cranes and any strip view will have them in it. TI's rooms have all just been redone and are great.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
821 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treasure Island Vs Paris Vs Planet Hollywood

TI just redid their rooms, so that is the better choice for a "bit of luxury" but as other posters mentioned, Paris is a better choice in terms of location (depending on what you want to do).

If I were you, I would start deciding what I wanted to do (what hotels I definitely want to visit, restaurants I want to eat at, shows, bars, etc) and then map them out and make the hotel choice that way because you may find that TI is a great location for you, or that Paris better suits your needs.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Treasure Island Vs Paris Vs Planet Hollywood

I love TI, but Paris & PH are a better option for you, centrally.

You didn't mention your age. PH has a very young, hip vibe (I'm in my early 40s & love it), and apparently the rooms match that. I like Paris, but not as youthful of a vibe. More old european.

7. Re: Treasure Island Vs Paris Vs Planet Hollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 22:18