We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what would be reasonable cost to go?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what would be reasonable cost to go?

flying from orlando... only 2nd time going to vegas. last time booked with expedia, but you all have me convinced that doing yourself is cheaper. lets just say we were going end of april.. 4 days.. 3 or 4 star hotel... what would you typically pay for tickets? hoteL? just wondering.. ps..i have looked on expedia, and its actually cheaper than what we paid in 06...(economy) and offering 2 free cirque tickets.. thanks for any input.

Tn
Level Contributor
943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

April 26, 27, 28, 29...

Friends and Family rates:

Ballys $49..00 each day

Harrahs $90.00, $70.00, $70.00, $70.00

Flamingo $70.00, $70.00, $70.00, $60.00

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

Checked out www.fatwallet.com (click on forums...travel deals...LV Deals is 6th one down...got to last page & work backward).

I used M Apr. 25-Th. Apr. 29. PH, MGM, Venetian were all over $150/nt.

GREAT deal on TI if you are OK using TI Direct advantage (p. 102 near bottom). Avg. $65/nt.

If you want a little more upscale, Mandalay Bay was $119 and MGM Signature Suites were $109.

Weekends will cost you more.

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

Hi again. Thanks to those of you that looked up those dates for me...but I was really looking more for plane tickets and hotel together (as a cost). I have looked and seen web specials and internet specials for flights as low as 129. non stop from orlando. but they are few and far. So i guess myquestion would be more like...if i could get plane tickets for 2 and 4 nights in mid range hotel and 2 free cirque tickets for 800ish, would this be average price or twice as much than most of you pay (ish)...short story, i dont know if i would know what a deal would be...yeesh..cant get my thoughts into words ..

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

I would think $800 for 2 airfares, 4 nights, and 2 cirque tickets sounds about right. We are doing 2 airfares from Pittsburgh and 5 nights at MGM for $800.

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

Thanks steph... i thought so too.. and that is thru expedia again. they actually have some prices lower than that. i appreciate your response.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

No problem - do check on booking airfare and hotel separately though - I think we saved about $100 that way. Though sometimes expedia or travelocity have better deals (I found travelocity to be slightly cheaper than expedia)

SE Michigan
Level Contributor
355 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

I priced out our trip every possible way and it turned out cheapest to go with a package (got the free Cirque tickets, too) for our trip to the Mirage in May.

The problem I ran into was if you got a great deal on the hotel, the seperate air prices jacked the total price right back up there.

Anyway, low $800 is what we're paying for 3 nights but I was very, very specific about the flights and that's were they got me.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

Check Southwest for your air...just did and got $329 round trip (non-stop) for Apr 25-29 from MCO-LAS.

Lots of options still available it appears with them so depends what dates you want, and sign up for their DING specials since you can get even lower rates IF something is offered for your flights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

Alot of the airlines have some very decently priced vacation packages for Vegas. Check out the various airlines websites. A lot of people find great deals on the Southwest site for air/hotel packages.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: what would be reasonable cost to go?

i just booked 3 nights at tropicana Sat 4/25-Tue 4/28 from columbus $355 per person. good flight times as well. arrive 2pm leave 12:40pm