OK I'm planning on taking a trip to LV for the first time, as a graduation gift to myself for completing my MBA.
I plan on staying five nights from about May 20-25, and in addition would like to do a full day trip or an overnight trip to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
I don't mind paying a little premium for quality... but realistically the poker room is a huge variable for me as I do love to play. I also want to see a Cirque show, which will likely be "O" or "Ka."
1) Signature at MGM - seems to be relatively luxury for the price, nice reviews, etc. Only real problem is that the g/f is a smoker and they appear to be non-smoking rooms only. But MGM has a Cirque show, a nice poker room, and appears to be a nice price for the quality.
2) Bellagio - Looks nice, would like to see the fountain show as well. Read some questionable reviews and appears that it might not be as "modern" as i like.
3) The Venetian - don't feel like I know much about this one.
4) Wynn - appears to be very nice, but again I know little about the poker room.
5) Mirage - recommendation from a coworker who I respect.
6) Mandalay Bay - little knowledge.
Also, with regards to the GC trip ... I have read a lot of reviews relating to some of the different package trips, companies, etc. I understand to see the GC in a day trip requires a flight (not helicopter) ... but I do want a package option that includes a helicopter ride through the GC once you take the plane ride to the South Rim. I was leaning towards Maverick. Any thoughts??
Any other thoughts for a first-timer!? I haven't booked yet and just have lots of flexibility...