We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TI Or Signature at MGM

NZ
Level Contributor
139 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
TI Or Signature at MGM

I am in a dilemma its my first trip to vegas from NZ we are both 30 and trying to decide between a junior suite at the signature and a strip view room at TI - it appears that the walking distance from the signature may be a mission - is the TI location more convenient and will it give me more of the vegas feel ?

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,630 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,114 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
404 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,772 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TI Or Signature at MGM

The Signature's rooms will be much nicer, and imo, that makes it worth it to be just a bit off the strip.

But no doubt, TI has the better spot.

Depends what's more important to you, great room or location.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: TI Or Signature at MGM

With your first trip, who knows. We are staying at the Signature on our next but in the past 7 trips, I know for us, this is the best.

at the poker table
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TI Or Signature at MGM

"The Signature's rooms will be much nicer, and imo, that makes it worth it to be just a bit off the strip.

But no doubt, TI has the better spot."

^^This.

If your sleep to drinking & gambling ratio is high, then Signature, if it is low, then TI.

We just stayed at TI for 9 nights and couldn't have been happier as we spent a lot of time at that end of the Strip, especially @ The Venetion which TI is super convenient to.

See tripadvisor.com/…16257649 for further info.

4. Re: TI Or Signature at MGM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 February 2009, 05:59
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TI Or Signature at MGM

No question, for your first trip to Vegas, TI. And a south facing room would be my suggestion. Not much north of TI these days.

CALI
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: TI Or Signature at MGM

I love TI! :)

texas
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TI Or Signature at MGM

I agree it depends on what you are looking for. For a first time visit I would usually recommend someplace directly on the strip to get more of that Vegas feel. I do not think the walk would be a problem if you stay at the Sig but the Sig is more like a nice condo than a hotel room in the middle of all the action. I love the Sig because it is non-smoking, non-gambling, and for all of the pools but that may not be what you are looking for. You could cook in the room at the Sig but you may not want to do that either.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,288 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TI Or Signature at MGM

TI for location you are centrally located on the Strip.

9. Re: TI Or Signature at MGM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 04:18