We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

I'd like to experience places like XS, Tryst and Tao, etc. but it looks like they are geared for people in their 20s - 30s. Are there always guys at who discriminate and select certain types for entrance? Eventhough I'm "middle aged"...lol...I still like to have a good time.

I'm sure there are places where I would not want to go but what's the scoop, now, with the club scene?

What web sites do you know of that indicate age groups that the clubs are geared to?

Saratoga, California
Level Contributor
471 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

I don't have your answer, but I imagine that your question is held by many - especially those of us that used to be "part of the scene" and are now "observers of the scene!

I suppose the ultimate answer is that you can always get in if you have enough dough, but you may or may not feel comfortable after getting in.

Jerome, AZ
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

try Xanias night life page at City Weekly.

she keeps a pretty good update on age an happenings.

also City Life has a great, grid style page for seeing what is happening on each night of the week. pick one up at convenience store when you land.

that said, tao takes all types, and gets going pretty good, along with most of the Wynn nightlife, and only the newest one (xs?) will be really picky. the rest will bring you in if you are having fun in line.

go online, and try and contact the hosts before you go.

Voodoo lounge at Rio is always pretty good too.

and everything at the Palms is good shot, cuz they are off strip too.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,293 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

Chach, because by the time those clubs get rockin, we old foggies are sound asleep.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

Clubbing - the one thing in life that makes me happy to be as old as I am (which isn't that old....lol). Old enuf for been there, done that, no desire to do it again :-)

You are a brave warrior princess chachachio!

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
683 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

we went to tao, we're late 40s and i think we were the oldest people there. there was one man there looking for his daughter and he was in our age group :) but we still had fun. and like you i wanted to see these places- i did make sure we were dressed "appropriately"- didn't want to look like old cpa and architect that we are!!

Lavallette, New...
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

I go to Vegas with a group of girls in our 30s and 40s twice a year. We love Studio 54 at the Mgm grand, and Jet at the Mirage, and the Voo Doo lounge at Rio. We love to dance, and have a good time, so these places are fun for us. Going the end of the month, can't wait!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

I have been to places like Tryst and I have found that on certain nights the age range can be more 'mature' e.g Sunday night at Tryst I noticed there were certainly more people in late 30s, 40s etc.

There is always room for the older crowd, especially in Vegas. Everyone is doing their thing, I wouldn't worry about it!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,293 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

The REAL reason I don't go is cause they don't serve my drink, Kahlua and Ensure.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

lol Hitch!

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are the big name clubs only for the 20s and 30s crowd?...

Kalua and Ensure. Hmmm. Interesting.

Them clubs are for the 20s and 30s crowd. It's true. You'll look like an old pervert in them clubs. Not that there's anything with that.