We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late checkout at the Marage

Indiana
Level Contributor
454 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Late checkout at the Marage

Has anyone had any experience with late checkouts at any MGM properties, specifically the Mirage. I am checking out on a Friday, but my flight does not leave until 11 PM. Just wondering what the chances are of getting a late checkout on a Friday. (I do have a rental car, so I do have some other options)

Indiana
Level Contributor
454 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

Sorry, mispelled "Mirage".

Indiana
Level Contributor
454 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

Sorry, mispelled "Mirage".

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

We got a late checkout form our suite at 2pm anything after that they will charge you. Of course you can chaeck out normal time and leave you gear with the bell boy until its ready to go to the airport for no charge other than tip

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

We asked for a 6pm late check out as our flight wasn't leaving until 11:30 this past Monday. It was going to cost 59.00 but we just booked the room for an extra night knowing the DH would want to snooze for a bit before our flight. it was only 20.00 more for the whole night.

anyway the option is there for a 2pm check out or 6 pm check out.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

Our experience has been (at MGM Grand) that if they do not have a huge influx of people coming in the day of your departure, you're more likely to be granted a late checkout. And they probably won't grant it until the last day of your stay . . . or even the morning of your departure, when they know what their turnover for the day will be.

This makes sense, of course. If they're expecting a full house the day of your departure and check in is 3 p.m. (as most are) they need (or at least SHOULD) have the rooms cleaned and available for the arrivals.

We have spent the time before and after checkout at a property's pool area. I don't remember specifically about the Mirage, but there may well be lockers and showers in the pool area that you can use to "clean up".

(I know I wouldn't be happy to arrive at 3 p.m. and not be able to get into MY room because the former tenant got a late checkout!)

Indiana
Level Contributor
454 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

I am doubtful based on this information. The Friday that I will be checking out will be July 3, just before the 4th of July weekend. I would imagine that it will be extremely busy and will probably be a lot of people coming in for the weekend.

Orange County
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

On your last day go down to the players club desk and see what you have coming to you in the form of comps and ask about getting late check-out. In Dec while at Excalibur I inquried and got late checkout comp'd and couldv'e stayed up till 3pm.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

I think it is less likely you will get a late check-out on Friday. I usually just book another night. The times I did go for a late check out I was told to call that morning. Sometimes they will give you a few hours more or (if they have the rooms available) a 6PM check out for 1/2 the daily rate. But you won't know until the morning of your check-out.

Seattle
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

if you get a MGMirage Visa card, one of the benefits is having late check out, also invited guest check-in. comes in handy for late flights .

10. Re: Late checkout at the Marage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 13:16