We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Striphouse Steak - PH

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Striphouse Steak - PH

Striphouse Steak at PH was also featured on "21 Sinful Vegas Hot Spots". Sure doesn't get the positive reviews on here that the show built it up to be.

I find the menu on line . . . but no prices.

Has anyone been recently? How was the food? The service?

What kind of money could one expect to spend on a couple entrees and a couple sides (with no alcohol)?

London
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Striphouse Steak - PH

I've been there twice and whilst it was a good experience I would say overall it is more style over substance. We had two steaks (ribeye and fillet) which were about $40 each, sides were about $8. The blue cheese fondue as a shared appetizer was very very good.

I would not put it in the same league as SW, Prime or Craftsteak or my very favourite Del Frisco's. If you are looking for steaks with style, rather than an old fashioned steak house, then my suggestion would be N9ne at the Palms.

I certainly wouldn't trust the opinions of a TV show.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Striphouse Steak - PH

Thanks, Troublelove. It was the atmosphere that intriqued us from the show. But what good is atmosphere if the food and service aren't there . . . especially at a price.

I'll be anxious to hear reports from others as well.

New York
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Striphouse Steak - PH

This is one our favorite places to eat when we go to Vegas we love it!! The Gorganzola Fondue starter is out of this world....The NY Strips are always cooked and seasoned to perfection and they have side sauces you can get to dip your steak in if you like as well. The mashed potatoes as a side can really be split between the two of you are awsome!! Service was excellent and even when we advised them that we had a time restriction they easily complied to our request one time. The prices are good compared to other steak houses in the area.

We love the atmosphere as well all the old time burlesque photos on the wall.

Cheers,

Magic

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
470 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Striphouse Steak - PH

I saw that spot on that show as I was running at the gym last night.

I have eaten there. I would agree that it is style over substance. I found the steak just average. The service was indifferent, and the bar was slooooooooooww turning out the rounds of drinks. It was fun to eat there once, but there are many better steak places in LV, IMHO.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Striphouse Steak - PH

"what good is atmosphere if the food and service aren't there"

While the food and service is important, I think a cool atmosphere is what a lot of people are looking for while on vacation. I can get a wonderful steak near where I live, but I cannot get some of the atmosphere Vegas has to offer. So I definitely want to experience something that I cannot at home.

michigan
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Striphouse Steak - PH

good reviews here...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/strip-house-las-vegas

my wife and I are going to try it on March 28. We love great atmosphere with great food. Hopefully it lives up to the billing.

CA
Level Contributor
4,912 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Striphouse Steak - PH

I have been three times and am making reservations for my next trip at the end of the month. Food and service were great every time. If I remember correctly it was 8-12 bucks for a side and $20-$40 for the main entree. Not big foodie and really don’t often spend that much on dinner but we have had a great time so back we go.

8. Re: Striphouse Steak - PH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 12:19