We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th Fireworks?!?!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
245 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th Fireworks?!?!

Just wondering what people know about fireworks in Vegas on July 4th. Are they similar to New Years Eve? Do they happen at all?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th Fireworks?!?!

Fourth of July really isn't a huge deal in Vegas. You'll get a few fireworks around the Strip but the hotels save most of their firework budgets for New Year's Eve.

If you want to see any fireworks of note you need to get out into the suburbs. I was staying at the Ritz Carlton at Lake Las Vegas last year and they had great fireworks over the lake. You could try a forum search to see some posts about this from previous years.

vegas
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th Fireworks?!?!

las vegas isnt very patriotic we dont do the firework thing

Maryland
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th Fireworks?!?!

One year we made the mistake of going to Vegas for fireworks. I would say I am a little pyro when it comes to fireworks. I love em. What has been said so far is true. Vegas is not big for the 4th show. When we got there it was on a Monday and the 4th was on Tuesday. Some of the places had fireworks on the Sat and Sun before the 4th. Some canceled them all together because of the hi heat and very low humidity. Imagine that in a desert. Still there were many people on the street and elevated overpasses that lined up to see some fireworks. Eventually a guard from the Venetian told everyone the situation and there were going to be some fireworks from the Hilton. Some people stayed hoping for the best, others made their way to the Hilton, and we went and gambled. You would think with all the Patriotic people out there they would have a nice display. All the strip hotels do a cumulative display. I know it is expensive, but hey, its Vegas. If they would do a nice display I would defiantly go.

Kevin

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
393 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th Fireworks?!?!

We were there for the 4th two yrs ago and the only place that had a fireworks "show" was the Hilton, it was not very exciting...

5. Re: July 4th Fireworks?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 07:19